Chapter 8

"I am so sorry Amelia. I never meant to hurt you like that. You don't know how much i wanted to tell you. I was dying inside" he says, and looks at me. He takes my hands in his. It starts to tickle. 

I look away from him. 

"I....just. I feel like i don't know you. It feels like everything have been a lie." i say cryingly. 

"No, stop, don't say that. Look at me. You have no idea how much i love you okay?" he said. 

He takes my hands in his. 

"I...wanna forgive you, but i just....can't..." i said sobbing. 

I let go of his hands. 

"I know that. I know that. I hate myself for what i did to you Amelia!" he says. 

"Did you sleep with me because of the pact?" i said sobbingly, my voice cracked.

"No, no! No, i would never do that," he says instantly.

"I am sorry, i just....can't trust you anymore," I said, while i was about to get out, Joseph took my hand and stopped me. 

"I know that's okay. Look at me...... Look at me. Give me one more chance. Just one more chance, if i mess it up we are done. Please..."

"I don't....know..." i said sobbingly.

"I have something to prove it," he says suddenly. 

He walks over to his desk, and open the first drawer. He takes out a necklace. 

"The minute i found out i loved you i bought you this, Amelia. This was before everything. Amelia, i never meant to hurt you.....you know that."

He takes my hand and gives me the necklace. It's absolutely gorgeous. I can't take my eyes off it.

"I don't believe you......" i say and lie. He tried everything, but i just couldn't. 

I walk out of the room with the necklace in my hand. I quickly go into my room. 

"Honey, what's wrong?" my mum shouts behind me. I quickly slam the door and lock it. 

"Honey, you okay. Come out please" she shouts.

"I can't...." i shout back. 

"Honey...please let's just talk, please?"

I dry my eyes and open the door carefully. 

My mum gives me a hug. 

"Oh, honey. Why didn't  you tell me, it was that bad?"

My mum and i talked for an hour. I looked at James asleep on the couch. 

Joseph came out of his room, after some time. 

I started to cry again. My mum moved away from me and gave Joseph space to come sit beside me. 

"Hey....stop. Tell me what's wrong?" he says while moving closer to me. 

I got up and moved away from him. 

"Stop! Why can't you accept a no?" i said and turned my back to him. I started to cry again. 

"Tell me what's wrong. There is something you are not telling me. Why do you keep torturing yourself?" he said and came closer. He turned me around. 

"Joseph...i..." i hesitated. 

"What?" he asked and looked at me intensely. 

"I still love you....Joseph" i said sobbing. Joseph smiled a little bit.

"I never stopped loving you!" He said, and the minute he said it he took my face in his hands, and gently our lips touched. I could feel my tears getting down my cheek. My stomach was getting weird. I had so many emotions inside of me. I didn't know what to do. 

I hugged him afterward. 

"I missed you!" he whispered in my ear. 

"I missed you too" i replied. 

I let go of him. 

"Promise me something?" i asked him. 

"What?" i replied. 

"Don't hurt me again?" i said afterward.

"Never!" he said confidently.