Chapter 5

After 2 days.

Dear Diary...

It feels weird. It's almost awkward being with Joseph in the same room. It feels like he doesn't know me at all.  Like we are two strangers just sharing our room. He drinks every night now, because of me. It's hard to see him like this. Most of the time i watch him. He doesn't sleep right either. I used to watch him in the afternoons sitting on our terrace and drinking. He looked messed up. He was so sad. I hate seeing him like that.

I was deep in my thoughts when the doorbell suddenly rang. I go out and, and open our door. I see a young woman. She was Joseph's English teacher.

"Hi! My name is Diana Milton, I'm Joseph's English teacher, i was wondering if you knew why he didn't show up to class today?"

"What do you mean?" i asked curiously. 

"Well, he hasn't been in any of the classes today, and no one has seen him around campus" she replies.

"Oh, no... I haven't seen him today. I taught he left to class early today" I said. 

My heart was starting to pump. I was starting to get worried. 

"Oh okay. Would you let me know when he comes back?" she asked.

"Yeah of course" I replied.

"Thank you very much, continue a good day," she said, with a smile.

"Thank you, you too," i say and try not to over think. 

I keep reminding myself that he probably just went out with friends, but it doesn't help. Lastly, i decided to go outside and look for him. 

I look around campus and asked people, but no one had seen him. I look in every classroom, and at the library, but he was nowhere to be seen. I decided to take a taxi and search in the places we went together, but he wasn't there either. 

In the end, i gave up. I could feel my tears were about to come out again. When i came back to the campus it was dark. I started to cry in the taxi. I went out of the taxi. I slowly got up the stairs cryingly. I came to our door and saw there were many students beside our door. I quickly went inside. I saw Joseph, besides two teachers, and three policemen. I slowly go inside. I walked closer to the couches. Joseph is laying on a sofa, and he's bleeding from his stomach. I run over to him. He looks at me. A doctor is sitting beside him. 

"Hey, miss? Youre not allowed in here" a policewomen says, and tries to hold me back. 

"It's okay, I'm his roommate," i say, he keeps looking at me while answering questions from the police. He slowly gets up and tries to sit up, but he's in so much pain. 

I help him. 

I keep drying my tears away, but they keep coming out. I can't control it. A policeman comes towards me. 

"Miss, can i talk to you for a minute?" 

"There is no need, it's not her fault. She doesn't know anything" Joseph quickly says before i get to answer.

"Joseph, what happened?" I ask him. 

He comes closer to me and gets closer to my face. 

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me" he says, with tears in his eyes.

"Joseph, please tell me what happened?" i say, cryingly. 

Suddenly the doctor interrupts.

"Are you his roommate?" the doctor asks.