We Saved Eachother

Oh man i thought to myself. I ran to my house, legs flailing behind me. I burst through my front door with my mom on the couch. She was drunk, it was plain as day. "Officer, what happend.?"

"We got a call from some neighbors. She was being rather loud and we found her here drunk. She may have assalted another officer also." I sighed and sank to the floor. My head landed in my hands and I just blocked out everything. Finally the officer tried to get me off the floor and I walked up to my room. I fell to my bed, and that's all that's left in my memory.

We used to be a happy little family. We never caused problems, were friends with our neighbors. Then my mom and dad started to argue when i was bout eight. It wasn't bad, just little arguments. Then one night, when i was 9, my dad and Frank's dad were going out. My mom freaked out, but dad walked out the door. My mom started to drink, and I asked her to stop and think. She just ignored me, kept drinking. I gave up and walked to my room.

The next morning I found her crying on the kitchen floor. I sat down and hugged her. All she kept saying was "He's gone.! He's gone.! He left me.!" I didn't put it all together till i realized....dad never came home last night. I got up running from room to room. I remember yelling dad over and over. I finally stopped and just cryed. The tears slid silently down my face. I heard my mothers sobs and it made me realize he won't be back this time.

Moms drinking got worse. She fell into depression and zoned out frequently. I felt Frank and Ray were all I had most of the time. They kept my head on straight.

Then, it was my turn to keep Frank on track. The hospital had said another adult male was in the car with him. It was later identified as Frank's dad. Frank's whole world crashed down and it was my job to pick up the pieces. This is probably another reason we are so close. We saved eachother