Saying Goodbye

((Gerard's Point If View))

I couldn't believe it. Chloe was actually going to stay at my house. We danced in circles in the middle of the road. I didn't care if I got ran over this time. This amazing girl would be in my house. Then a horrible thought hit me. What was going to happen when Frank found out? He would hate me forever. He already hated me. It was clear from last night.

When Chloe had fallen asleep with her head on my leg, I brushed the hair out of her face. I looked at how peaceful she was and smiled. "Who the heck do you think you are?" I looked at Frank confused. Maybe I wasn't imagining his cold shoulder when I met him. "Um excuse me?"

"You just waltz in her life and think you can fix everything right?"

"What are you talking about Frank?"

"Like you don't know. The drinking and abuse she was forced to live with?"

"She hasn't mentioned anything about that to me."

"She doesn't and never will but I assumed you had noticed the bruises." I looked down at her arms and realized he was right. They were everywhere. "That's horrible and I can't believe someone did that to her."

"Yeah, it was her stupid mom. So look, she's mine. She's like my sister, and you can't have her. I love her and you can't take her away."

"Frank, I don't want to do-"

"You don't want to take her away, and you never had any plans of stealing her right? People always say things and then they break their word." The rest of the night was painful silence until he'd fallen asleep.

I decided to let it go. I still wasn't taking her away, just giving her something to believe in. After we stopped dancing, she grabbed my hand and we ran for Frank's. I got a wierd feeling inside. I felt like I was going to throw up, but in a good way. I liked it.

((Chloe's Point Of View))

Me and Gerard held hands the whole walk home. I really liked him. He was amazing in every way. But I kept feeling like there was something between him and Frank. I did from the night they met.

We unlatched hands when we got to Frank's door. We were only stopping in. We had to go get my stuff from my house and take it to his. The thought of being with him all the time made me feel all dizzy. But it was a good dizzy. Like the dizzy when you wake up from a good dream.

"Frank? Hey, Frank!" I yelled his name, and got no answer. "Mikey? Ray? FRAN IER-" I screamed as something came from the side of me. I soon realized I had nothing to worry about. "Get off me you little midget!" I squirmed trying to pry him off of me. Finally he let go. I punched him in the arm. "You have got to stop doing that!"

"Well it's like a play ground! Maybe being short isn't so bad."

"Frank, I've got to talk to you." I smiled at Gerard and grabbed Frank's wrist.

We walked into the kitchen. "Frank, I have to tell you something."

"Anything Chloe."

"I'm going to live with Mikes and Gerard." There was a silence. I could tell Frank was upset. "I'm really sorry. It's just that I have no parents and neither do they. They need somebody to hold them up besides eachother."

"And who is supposed to keep you up Chloe?" He was angry, raising his voice slightly. "You can't really expect that guy to help you. He's so depressing."

"Shut up Frank!"

"And his brother doesn't even talk! I mean what's wrong with him? He's got to be stupid."

"STOP IT! JUST STOP! Look, you may not like them, but I do! They lost everything and you want them to be totally normal? Your crazy!"

We sat in silence for a while and then he whispered, "I'm sorry. I'm a horrible person for saying those things." It sounded like he was going to cry. I went and sat on him and hugged him. "You're not horrible. You just need to watch your mouth." I was there craddled by his arms. I sat up and wiped his tears. This was only the second time I'd seen him cry. "Please forgive me Chloe."

"I could never stay mad at you Frankie."

"I still love you, no matter what your decisions are."

"And I will always love you to." And in that moment, I ment it in more ways then one. I kissed him on the cheek, ran my hand down his arm, and left.