Part 59

*This chapters a long one.

I hope everyone enjoys it because it's got some great backstory material and *drumroll please*

Daddy Bradley😍❤️

Also, Preston gets a bit ~descriptive~ about his senses while on a job so...maybe be prepared for that...*
——————————————
*Preston's POV*

"I thought I'd be getting a call from you soon. Dominic said there might be a job," he said with a chuckle.

I sighed and turned to see my brother and a Daisy looking over at me, both with cautious expressions.

With a smile plastered on my face, I gave a little wave as they finally went inside.

I was slightly apprehensive of the fact that they had looked so engrossed in their conversation when I walked outside to find them, but knowing that Daisy had actually been asking about Genevieve lightened my mood.

Maybe all would be well now. Maybe she wouldn't be so alone. Daisy really doesn't have any friends so maybe having just one...maybe having Genevieve could be good for her.

Maybe Genevieve could comfort Daisy while I was gone on this job...

"Yeah, well..."

Bradley chuckled again, "So, I'm going to work with the Varjo again? You know how I enjoy when he comes out to play."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed because while the Varjo got shit done, while he was a necessary evil, it was hard to come back from him, especially if it progressed further than him.

"I know, but I'm going to try not to get immersed this time. I have...I have someone to come back to and I can't risk being gone off the fucking grid for a few weeks. It was hard to come back from it the last time, Brad."

"Preston Blackstone has someone special in his life," he asked in a mocking tone.

I chuckled, "Yeah. You haven't seen the news? We've been the talk of the town for a little while now."

"You know I don't watch the news, it's all bullshit. I like to get my information from the horse's mouth," he dropped his voice low, "so speak before I whip it out of you."

"It's the other way around and you know it," I said with a smirk.

"I am a bit of a masochist, aren't I? A glutton for pain and punishment? Maybe that's why I haven't found the one? Should I start asking women to hit me? Am I fucked up?"

I couldn't hold in my chuckle. Leave it to Bradley to help me out of my sour mood.

"Maybe it's time to settle down and find one woman to hit you? Just a thought...and you're definitely fucked up, but you need to be for the jobs you work."

He scoffed, "As if I'd ever take my self off the market. And deprive the ladies of what they need? Never! Anyways, tell me about this job you're about to have for me."

I took a deep breath, "It's her brother."

He was silent for a moment, "The Varjo is coming out of hiding for his girlfriends' brother? He must've done something very bad."

I gripped the wood railing of the porch as I thought about all that he had done to her and what he was still doing to her.

While the nightmares weren't often it was horrible that they happened at all.