Part 19

*Lighter, more playful chapter. Sorry about all the doom and gloom from the last one. Enjoy.*

------------------------------

Since I knew we were going north for the next few days I figured it would be colder than down here in the south so I packed a few winter outfits along with some regular clothes.

For the flight and the meeting after, though, I wore a long sleeved black turtle neck sweater tucked into a pair of red woven peg pants with an obi tie and a pair of simple black heels.

I left my hair curly from the shower but pulled my bangs back and bobby-pinned them down.

I rolled my suitcase into the living room and finished off the last of my coffee before setting the mug in the sink and then running a little soap and water into it. I grabbed a piece of mint gum from my purse and sat at my table scrolling through my social media apps.

When my alarm went off at 6:30 signaling it was time to leave, Preston promptly knocked on the door.

I opened it with a chuckle, "You're always so punctual, Sir."

He grinned and grabbed me around the waist before pulling me into his embrace and pressing his lips to mine for a long and heated kiss.

By the time he pulled back, he was chewing my gum.

I scrunched my nose but laughed, "That's gross."

He blew a bubble and continued grinning, "It's sexy and you know it."

I held my hand out in front of his face, "Spit it out. The flavor is gone."

He opened his mouth and stuck out his tongue, letting the small ball of gum roll off his tongue into my palm before bringing me back in for another kiss, "Get us a fresh piece," he whispered devilishly.

I laughed and playfully shoved him away before walking back into my apartment to the kitchen and disposing the wad of gum in the trash and washing my hands.

"Hurry up," he called from the living room, "We're gonna be late."

I dried my hands before grabbing my purse and keys off the counter and walking back into the living room where he had the handle of my suitcase in his hand and was making his way to the door.

"I can get that, Preston," I protested as I followed him out before shutting and locking the door and depositing my keys in my purse.

"It's no problem, Flower," he grinned and grabbed my hand with his free one as we walked down the hall to the building entrance.

I opened the passenger door and got in as he placed my suitcase in the trunk of his car and got in on the drivers' side.

"Did you happen to watch the news last night," he asked in a low voice and when I looked at him he was smiling.

I bit my lip to hide my grin, but failed, "Yeah, I saw. 'Blackstone Bachelor back with ginger bombshell Daisy Mitchell'."

He chuckled, "And they put two and two together that we're a couple from me stating that I was in a relationship yesterday. I think the next thing for us to do is make it official."

"Official," I asked, "How much more official can it get?"

"We need to take pictures together," he grinned.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Seriously? I know you like to take selfies, but I don't want death threats from your fans."

He chuckled, "At least we'll have each other until one of them finally comes for you."

My mouth widened in shock and I snorted, "Really, Preston? You jackass!"

I couldn't help but laugh though at how playful he was. His carefree attitude, his playful mannerisms, his sunny disposition...he was...he was perfect.

***

"First time flying," he asked in a whisper into my ear as I rested my head against the chair and took shallow breaths.

I blew out a breath, "Yeah, is it noticeable?"

He chuckled and grabbed my hand before running his thumb over my knuckles, "It's okay. Everything will be fine. And if we die there's always Heaven."

I glared at him out of one eye, "I'm appalled you'd think I'd be able to get into Heaven."

He smirked, "But not that we'd be dead?"

I shrugged, "If it's my time to go, then it's my time to go, but I know for damn sure I'm not going to the good place when I do go."

He raised the arm rail between us and slid his arm around my shoulders, pulling me to his side, "And why's that?"

"Well, I'm lustful, that's a sin. I'm prideful, that's a sin. I worshipped you like an idol before I knew you, that's a sin. I masturbate, that's a sin. I wear bikinis, that's a sin. Lots of others that I'm sure I do on the daily, and He only sees the sin, not how big or small it is, right?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment, "Can't you just repent or something?"

I chuckled, "If you mean it, I think. It's been a while since I've been to church so I'm a little rusty, but I know I definitely don't mean it. I'm still going to pleasure myself, I'm still going to lust after you, I'm still going to think I look good in these pants, it's a never-ending cycle, so why even bother?"

He nodded with a smirk, "So, together in Hell then?"

I hummed and pressed my lips to his, "Having all the sweaty, premarital sex we want. That's probably the punishment Lucifer would give us, eternal climax."

He quirked an eyebrow before pulling my lips back to his, "Mmh, as long as I get to be inside of you, I don't think I'd really mind. Some punishment that would be though," he chuckled before continuing, "After the first few times, though, I'd be shooting dust."

I laughed, "We're both gonna be so fucking soaked. It'll be gross."

He chuckled again, "Indeed we would be stoked, but I think after a while we'd become desensitized."

I snorted, "He wouldn't let us off that easily. We'd feel everything— Or!— he'd have us masturbate forever and never cum."

He grinned mischievously down at me, "Am I sensing a bit of sadism, little Lioness?"

I shrugged again, "It's what I would do if I were Lucifer, or Satan, Hades, the Devil, whatever he goes by."

"You gonna be his right hand man, then? Helping decided and pass out punishments," he asked as he took a sip of his water.

I nodded with a grin as I watched his eyes twinkle in the mid-morning sunshine.

"And what would my tailor-made punishment be, dear wise one," he pushed some hair behind my ear.

I chewed on my lip for a moment, "I'd probably have you in your own virtual reality, but I'd make sure that you're eternally late for everything you plan for."

He clutched his heart, "I can feel the anxiety now."

I smiled lazily and placed my hand to his chest and dipped my fingers between the buttons of his shirt, feeling his chest, "Let me help take away those fears for now."

I leaned in and pressed my lips to his to which he wrapped his arm around my shoulders tighter.

I sighed contently into the kiss and completely forgot that I was supposed to be afraid of flying.