Part 56

*Three updates in one day? Yes, because I've missed two days for updating so I thought I'd give you guys a treat.

"Aw, you're so nice, Stacey."

I know.*

----------------------------------

We, thankfully, weren't the last to the table as that would've been so completely awkward.

But we were late for the ends of the table so we had to sit in the middle, across from Sin and Cas and I was seated in between Preston and Dominic.

I would use this God-given opportunity to ask him to meet me outside after dinner and hopefully, he would agree so we could come up with a plan.

But for now, the conversation was on me and Preston so I couldn't exactly lean over and whisper to Dominic just yet.

He was busy fawning over his pregnant fiancé to his right anyway so I decided to watch him, while Preston answered questions on my behalf, in the act of being 'pussy whipped' as Nyx so politely stated.

I could hear bits of him whispering to her as the conversation at the table shifted from me to the family trip for Christmas.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to get you anything," his voice held concern and something tightened in my chest.

"I'm fine, Dominic. Please stop. You know what your concern does to my hormones and it'd be terrible to get up from the table right now," she whispered back and I couldn't help the silent chuckle that shook my shoulders.

I looked at her from the corner of my eye and the look on her face was almost too much for me.

As she gazed up at him, lust present in her eyes, of course, I could also see the love they shared. I could see his profile had softened for her and I could see him brush a thumb across her cheek.

She was precious to him. She was his future and I could clearly tell she felt the same.

And then...I felt nothing towards her.

The jealousy, the animosity, the hatred, the uncertainty, the irrational fear...it was just gone.

And I realized that I wanted to know her, really know her. Everyone had nothing but great things to say and...I wanted to be one of those people as well. I wouldn't let my jaded opinion of her get the better of me anymore.

I didn't know her, I didn't know the situation, and it certainly wasn't my place to judge her.

With a sigh of relief, I leaned away from them and towards Preston to catch his conversation with Katherine.

"—were you? I introduced her to everyone and you weren't with the men, the women, or outside with Nyx," he said.

I had been wondering the same thing. We had gotten to the house and then she had disappeared.

"I was talking to Angel. You know how she gets during holidays," she sighed.

"Actually," he chuckled, "I don't know how she is because you've never let any of us meet her."

"Well, she's—we're—," she sighed again, "I don't know what we are but I'm not ready for her to meet the family," she said quietly and it was so unlike her to be so unsure of something.

Every time I had been around her she was strong, cocky even, and confident, but this...this was a different side, a lighter side...maybe for this 'Angel' woman?

"You've been with her for five years, Kat. Don't you think it's time," he pressed, "You know we won't judge you. We all know you like women. Hell, we know you like our women and we still love you."