15, kth

"No, I don't think that goes there — I said I don't — ouch, Tata, you zapped me!"

On the outside, Taehyung looked calm.

On the inside, he was panicking, like that one episode of Spongebob Squarepants where there are tiny sponge dudes in Spongebob's brain and they're all running around panicking because—

"OW!"

Pulling his hand away from Tata's walkie talkie (that was Taehyung's temporary name for it), Taehyung groaned.

"Okay, you know what, time out, time out."

Taehyung got up and stretched. He ran a hand through his hair, frustrated. How were they supposed to get this done? All they had accomplished so far was electrocuting Taehyung twice.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Taehyung looks down to see Tata, who was clutching the device close to his chest and looking up at Taehyung with sad eyes.

Oh my god, Taehyung thought, I have a kid and he's an alien. What'd I get myself into?

"No," Taehyung said. "No, no, you didn't, I just — I'm frustrated, Tata. How are we going to do this? Are we even sure this'll work? We're not, like, mechanics! And — god, Tata — what if we can't get you back? What if we can't find Van or Cooky or Shooky or RJ?"

"Don't say that! We have to be optimistic! We're all going to find each other again, I know we will. In every universe, I will find my way back to them. I will do anything for them, just as you would do for your friends."

"I just — I'm so scared of messing up, Tata."

"You won't," Tata said fiercely. "You're Kim Taehyung. You can make mistakes, but you'll always fix them."

--

stan tata