Chapter 25

4 months later...

Nicki watched as they walked the last of the boxes into what was their new home. It had been a long few months of house hunting and finally moving in but she was glad it was all finally coming together.

She felt a kiss placed on her temple and a hand resting on her lower back and just gave a small smile. "I feel so useless, I just wanna help," she said, knowing there was no way her would let her.

"No, we're almost done now. You can maybe help put babies clothes away," he said before tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Hmm... ok. I'm not completely helpless you know," she said and he just chuckled.

"I know baby. Why don't you come and have a look at what we did to the bedrooms," he suggested and she agreed and after making sure Chubbs would keep an eye on Darcie as they did so they went on their way.

Drake helped her up the stairs to the second floor where he lead her to the first room.

"We should've taken the lift," Nicki said once she'd made it to the top of the stairs.

"The doctor said stay active so where we can we gotta take the stairs," he said as he let her hold onto his arm as they walked along the corridor. "We gonna keep the walls this colour?" he asked she looked around.

"Hmm... I dunno. I think we should have them painted white. What do you think?" She asked him as he opened the first door to what would be Darcie's room.

"I think that's a good idea," he replied as he followed behind her and watched and she took in the view before her.

"This is beautiful," she let out as she looked at her surroundings. "This bed is so nice, how did you convince her to deviate from the bunk bed,"

"I didn't need to. She saw this one and decided she loved the idea of being able to close herself in and make a little den," he chuckled causing Nicki to do the same.

"That sounds like her, she's got such a wild imagination." Nicki walked over to the floor to ceiling windows and took a look outside at the view of their back garden. "she's really gonna love this," Nicki commented and drake agreed with her as he just stood watching her from the door frame.

Nicki turned around and gave him with a smile. "You ready to see baby's room?" He asked her and she nodded and she walked back over to him and took his awaiting arm into her hold. He lead her a little further down the corridor and opened the next door for her. This time she gasped as she walked into the room.

"You like it?" He asked and she just nodded as she walked further in. "I'm gonna order the names when we've decide on one for her and hers is gonna in the middle of that floral piece there," he decided and Nicki could help but smile.

"You designed this one by yourself?" She asked as she wiped away the tears of joy as they spilled, overwhelmed by the new experience of having him there during the pregnancy. As long as he was there she wouldn't have to lift an unnecessary finger. He made sure everything was going as smoothly and as perfectly as it could do. Although it wasn't their first child together it was the first one he was present from the very early stages. "I love it. And I'm sure she's gonna love it too,"

"Good," he let out a light sigh of relief causing her to chuckle. "You know I'm so excited to meet her. Its so close now and it's still so surreal that I'm about to be a dad of two beautiful little girls,"

"I can imagine. Just a couple of years ago I didn't think we would ever get back in contact and now we're moving into our house together and about to welcome our second child. Its crazy how quickly life changes,"