Chapter 4 Pt. 2

"Hey, sorry about that, she's nervous." Nicki gave Darcie's shoulder a loving squeeze. "Hi, I'm Nicki, an old friend of Aubrey's." She held her hand out to Christina. Christina stood and shook her hand after setting down her glass of wine.

"Oh, Aubrey huh? Nice to meet you too, I'm Christina. I've heard so much about you." She said before sitting. Nicki took her seat as well, "Drake here told me you two used to be really good friends years ago?"

"Yeah, best friends actually. We kind of lost touch during college and we thought it would be nice to catch up during dinner. I'm sorry to say, I haven't heard much about you...we haven't actually caught up yet, it's always so busy at the office that I barely even have time for lunch." Nicki said with a sweet smile and Christina sipped her wine.

"I understand completely. Drake used to bury himself in work but I'm hoping his relocation to the office you two work at will ease some of that and he'll be home more often." Christina said as she looked at him lovingly. "Anyway, who is this little doll? She is just the cutest little thing."

"Thank you," Darcie and Nicki said at the same time. "My name is Darcie," Darcie introduced herself and Christina literally gushed over her. "Nicki she speaks so well, I love her already."

"Hi Mr. Drake," Darcie waved and he gave her a smile. "Hi Darcie, nice to meet you." He shook her hand as well just as the waiter came over. Nicki ordered she and Darcie's drinks as well as their food while Drake did the same for himself and Christina.

After they got past the awkwardness of introductions and once Nicki had her first glass of wine, the conversation flowed a lot more smoothly. "Well I'm really proud of your accomplishments Aubrey, you deserved it."

He took a sip from his wine and gave her a small smile. "Thank you," He said as he reached for the menu in front of him. "It's not exactly what I aimed for when we were younger, but it's better. It suits me more if you know what mean." He spoke with a slight glint in his eyes as he looked at her. She gave he a small smile and nodded.

"Mommy look, I've finished my picture," Darcie enthusiastically exclaimed. "Do you like it?" She asked looking up at her mother and poking out her dimples.

Nicki smiled at her, embracing how much the little girl resembled a younger version of herself. "I love it princess. Have you decided what you want to eat?" She asked as she brushed down Darcie's baby hairs out of her face.

"I've heard they make really nice Mac and cheese here," Drake spoke, giving Darcie his full attention, not being able to stop admiring her. He chuckled to himself as her face lit up and she looked at her mother.

"Can I get mac and cheese please, mommy?" she pleaded and Nicki just chuckled. Darcie looked back at drake who was still watching her with a smile.

"Of course you can princess," Nicki said before diverting her attention back to the picture she had draw.

"You can get whatever you want Darcie," Drake said and she cocked her head to the side and showed her dimple again, something he had once grown used to seeing from her mother.

"Anything?" She asked for confirmation.

"Anything princess," He said with a wink causing her to smile. Christina just gushed at the sight of her, already attached to the adorable little girl in front her.

-

"Thank you again for tonight drake, it was great to catch up again. And it was really nice to meet you Christina," Nicki said with a smile as they headed back to their cars.

"It was a pleasure. And I enjoyed meeting this little princess too," He said looking at Darcie and she just smiled back at him.

"Yeah Nicki, it was really nice to meet you, we should definitely organise something again all together soon," Christina also agreed. "Anyway babe, I'm going to get to my car and I'll see you when you get home." They shared a peck before heading in their separate directions.

"You didn't come together?" Nicki asked out of curiosity, seeing that drake was still walking in the same direction as she was. He just shook his head as he continued to walk beside her. "Why not?"

"I came straight from work and I was running late so I just told her I would meet her here. Made things a lot easier for both of us." He explained as they arrived by her car.

"Ah okay. Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked more than stated he nodded to confirm as he open the door for farce once Nicki had unlocked the car.

"Yeah I'm in tomorrow, I'll be sure to come by and say hello if I don't bump into you," They both chuckled. He just watched as Nicki made her way to her side of the car.

She got in and the IT her seatbelt on before she went to turn on her car only to realise it wouldn't start. It was then that she noticed that the battery had gone due to her radio being left on. She silently cursed to herself before laying her head on her steering wheel.

Drake opened the door from Darcie's side so he could speak to her. "What's happened?" He asked

"Battery's gone. The radio was left on," She sighed. "Looks like we're calling a taxi Darc," she undid her belt and got out of the car before drake walked over to her side.

"Don't be so silly, I'll take you home. And I'll come back and get it for you later when I've got my jumpstart cables." He said gently taking the keys out of her hand and walking back round to Darcie's side and picking her up. They closed all the doors and he locked it before they walked over to his car.

"Are you sure you don't mind, I don't want to be of any hassle to you." She bit her lip as he got Darcie settled into the back of his Mercedes before opening the door for Nicki herself.

"Of course I don't mind. I'm not gonna let you call a taxi. Now get it the car and type in your address." Nicki fought the urge to bite her lip and instead just got in the car with a smirk and did as her asked.

A 30 minutes drive later, they were pulling up to her driveway. "Thank you," she said as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Pleasure is all mine." He stood and made his way out of the car and opened the door for Nicki before he opened the back doit and carried out a now fast asleep Darcie. Nicki unlocked the door and they both walked in. She directed him to Darcie's room and she gladly followed behind. She switched on the light and he went and placed her gently on her bed. He left Nicki to get her changed and tucked into bed and headed down the stairs.

He decided to wait for her in her living room. Upon walking into the fairly modern designed room the first thing that caught his eye was the huge framed photo of a baby that looked no older than one crawling toward the camera. She wore a huge smile on her face and her eyes glimmered slightly. To say he was captivated would be an understatement. There was something about the photo that looked and seemed so familiar to him, like he had definitely seen that face before.

"That's my favourite baby picture of her," Nicki said bringing him out of his daze. He tore his eyes away and looked at her for a moment before returning his gaze to the picture. "She reminds me so much of her father in it. And she looks so happy." It went silent for a moment before she took herself out of the daze she was now in. "Thank you again for everything tonight. I really do appreciate it."

"Don't even mention it. It's the least I could do," He smiled at her. "Also could I possibly have the key to your car, so I can go and pick it up for you? I'll have it here for you by later tonight?"

"Sure. You can just take it back to yours and I'll come and pick it tomorrow before work?" She asked. "I'm sure Lauren won't mind Beyoncé won't mind picking me on her way,"

"I'll come and get you both in the morning and we can pass by after work to pick it up." He said. She just nodded and he took her hand and placed a kissed on it. "I'll see you both tomorrow." He walked past her and towards the door before letting himself out and driving back home...

-------------------------

Next chapter coming soon... what do you think guys? Let us know your thoughts so far.

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids & fyesdrizzy X