Just Another Day On The Job

Aly's POV

I was woken up from my sleep as I heard the alarm on my phone going off. I let out a groan as I reached my hand up, grabbed my phone, and turned the alarm off. I rested my head back against the pillow and let out a sigh. It was another early morning and I knew that I was definitely going to need some coffee to get myself going.

I slowly sat up on the bed and stretched out a little before I looked over. Jay was still laying there sleeping. He always seemed to sleep through the alarm in the morning. I reached my hand over and lightly rubbed his shoulder. He started to wake up from his sleep and looked over at me.

"It's time to get up," I said with a small smile on my face.

"Five more minutes," he said in a tired voice as he closed his eyes again.

"Okay. Five more minutes," I said as I stood up from the bed and made my way out of the bedroom.

I walked down the hallway and headed into the bathroom. I went about my normal morning routine of brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc. I headed out of the bathroom and went into the kitchen so that I could get our breakfast ready before work. I turned the Keurig on and then grabbed two coffee mugs out of the cupboard. I placed them on the counter and walked over to the other cupboard to retrieve the K-Cups and pancake mix. I set everything down on the counter and started on breakfast.

As I was waiting to flip the pancake in the pan, I felt a pair of strong arms go around my waist. I smiled as I tilted my head to the side and Jay placed light kisses on the side of my neck.

"Someone decided to finally get out of bed," I said as I placed the spatula under the pancake and flipped it onto the other side.

"I figured I needed to get up. Don't want Voight chewing me out to start off the day," he said as he walked over and got our coffees ready.

We had breakfast together, got ready, and then headed to the 21st District to start the day.

"Morning," Burgess said with a smile as I walked up the steps with Jay following behind me.

"Morning," I said as I smiled back at her and headed over to my desk.

"Alright, we got a new lead on the case that we've been working on," Ruzek said as he came in with some papers in his hand. "This is Dayton Williams," he said as he taped his picture up on the board along with the other information. "He's had a long list of priors including burglary, drug paraphernalia, and assault. Apparently, he has connections with Raymond and the B Street Gang. I think it's definitely something that we should look into, see if we can get him to talk," he added as he looked around at everyone.

"Okay, Halstead and Kelley, you two head over to Dayton's last known location. See if you can get anything out of him. The rest of you see if you can find anything else out about this Raymond guy. I want to get him off the streets," Voight said and we nodded our heads.

I got my things together and Jay and I headed over towards the steps.

We arrived at Dayton's last know location and got out of Jay's truck. We headed up the steps together and I knocked on the front door while we stood there.

"Make sure you keep your eyes open, just in case," Jay said as he looked over at me and I nodded my head as the door opened.

A younger, black male opened the door and looked at the both of us.

"Are you Dayton Williams?" Jay asked as he looked at the guy.

"Yeah. What do you want?" he asked with slight attitude.

"We're here to talk with you about Raymond Keller. We heard that you have had affiliations with him in the past," I said as I continued to look at him.