We're Coming Home

JAY'S POV

I arrived at the hospital and pulled into an empty spot. I retrieved the car seat from the back of the car and closed the door. The next time we would come back to the car, we would have Gianna with us. I headed through the doors of the hospital and up to the Maternity Ward. I made my way down the hallway and when I reached Aly's room that she was in, I headed into the room. I stopped in my tracks and smiled at the sight in front of me.

 I stopped in my tracks and smiled at the sight in front of me

Aly looked over at me and smiled when she saw me. I set the car seat down on the floor and walked over towards the bed.

"Good morning, beautiful," I said as I leaned down and gave her a kiss. "And good morning to you, princess," I said as I gently kissed Gianna's forehead. "How has she been this morning?" I asked as Gianna looked up at me.

"She's been great. I fed her and she burped with no issues. She's been really good so far," she said as she held Gianna up for me.

I carefully took Gianna from Aly just as the nurse was bringing in Aly's breakfast. I sat down on the chair next to the hospital bed as I held Gianna in my arms. She looked up at me and I smiled at her. She was definitely something else.

"Thank you," Aly said as the nurse got her breakfast over to her.

"You're welcome, dear. Do you need anything else before I head to the other rooms?" the nurse asked with a smile.

"No, I'm good. Thanks," Aly replied and the nurse headed out of the room.

"You're wide awake this morning, aren't you?" I said with a smile as Gianna looked up at me.

"I know I'm ready to go home," Aly said as she started to eat her breakfast.

"Did they tell you when you would be able to leave?" I asked as I watched her.

"I guess once they get everything together for us. I'm ready to get out of here," she said before she took a sip of her coffee. "Ugh," she said with a grossed out look on her face as she set the cup back down.

"Bad?" I asked with a slight chuckle and she nodded her head. 

"I don't think anything can save that," she said before she took another bite of her toast.

I looked down at Gianna and saw that she was falling asleep. I lightly rubbed my finger against her little hand and watched her fall asleep.

ALY'S POV

"You got her?" I asked as I watched Jay open the back door of my car.

"Yeah, I got her," he answered as he carefully secured the car seat that Gianna was in the base.

I opened the other door and carefully got into the back seat as Jay made sure her blanket was covering her lower half. He closed the door and walked around the front of the car as I looked over at Gianna. She was still asleep and I couldn't wait to get her back to the apartment.