Weekend Getaway

Aly's POV

"Jay, do you know where I put my favorite sweater?" I asked loud enough that he would be able to hear me from our bedroom.

I was in the process of getting our stuff packed for the trip to the cabin in the mountains.

"It's in the dryer," he said as he peeked his head into our room. "I ended up doing a load of clothes and figured I would wash it for you."

"Thanks, babe," I said with a smile and placed a folded pair of leggings in the suitcase.

"I'm going to run and get us some alcohol. Do you want anything in particular?" he asked as he continued to stand there.

"Just my favorite wine, please," I said as I grabbed a few more things and placed them into the suitcase. "Did you need me to pack anything else of yours?" I asked as I glanced up from the suitcase.

"Actually, can you pack a hoodie for me, just in case?" he suggested and I nodded my head as I stood up from the floor and grabbed one.

"How about this one?" I asked as I showed him.

"Perfect. Thanks, babe. I'll be back in a little bit and then we'll be on our way," he said as he came over to me.

"Sounds like a plan," I said with a small smile on my face before he gave me a kiss. "Drive safe," I said as he walked away from me.

"Always do," he said as he walked out of the bedroom.

After I got everything packed into the suitcase, I closed it up and wheeled it out of the bedroom. I brought it over close to the door and rested it up against the wall. I probably over-packed, as usual, but you never know what you're going to need. My phone started to go off from the kitchen island, so I walked over to see that Sylvie was calling me.

"Hello," I said as I answered the call.

"Hey, Aly. Did you and Jay embark on your romantic getaway yet?" she asked and I could tell that she was smiling.

"Not yet. Jay ran to get us some alcohol, but he should be back any minute. Why? What's up?" I asked as I sat down on the bar stool.

"Oh, good. I'm on my way to your apartment right now. I bought you two a little something to enjoy."

"Oh, Sylvie, you didn't have to get us anything."

"It's my pleasure. I'm actually at your door right now," she said and then there was a knock at the door.

I laughed a little and ended the call as I walked over to the door. I unlocked the door and opened it to see her standing there with a bottle of Crown Royal Apple.

"Sylvie," I said as she held the bottle out to me. "You didn't have to get us this. That is very thoughtful," I added as I took the bottle from her hands. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. You guys deserve to have some fun this weekend," she said with a smile on her face.

"Well, thank you. I'm sure we'll put this to good use," I said as I held the bottle up a little.

"And I want to see pictures...lots of pictures," she said as she started to walk down the hallway.

"Oh, you will. Thanks, Brett!" I said loud enough that she would be able to hear me before I stepped back into the apartment and shut the door.

I carried the bottle over and set it down on the island counter. I sat back down on the bar stool and looked back over the weather to make sure that it didn't change. I heard the door being unlocked and then it was opened. I glanced over to see Jay coming into the apartment, closing the door behind him.