Welcome To The World, Gianna

...CONTINUED

JAY'S POV

I opened my eyes and realized that I must have fallen asleep. I lifted my head up and looked over to see that Aly was asleep. I was glad that she was able to rest a little. I was both excited and nervous at the same time for Gianna to come. I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms and protect her from the world.

The door to the room opened and I looked over to see one of the nurses coming in the room to check on Aly.

"I'm just checking over the monitors," the nurse said as she came over to the screen and looked over the contractions and vitals.

"Everything okay?" I asked as I noticed that she looked a little concerned.

"I just want to give her some oxygen," she said as she reached above the bed and grabbed the oxygen mask. "Aly," she said to Aly as she tried to wake her up.

I watched as Aly slowly opened her eyes.

"Hey, sweetie. I want to get this oxygen mask on you," the nurse said as she held the mask up a little.

Aly sat up a little so they could place the mask on over her face.

"You just need to get a little more oxygen in," the nurse said as Aly rested her head back down against the pillow.

Once she checked everything else, she made her way out of the room. I sat up a little on the chair and took Aly's hand in mine.

"You doing okay?" I asked as I looked at her and she nodded her head.

"What time is it?" she asked as I gave her hand a kiss.

"It's almost 4 in the morning," I answered as I glanced up at the clock on the wall.

"I feel like she's being stubborn," she said as she looked up at me with a little smile.

"I wonder who she gets that from," I said as I let out a little chuckle and ran my hand over the top of her hair.

I watched as she smiled a little more and started to close her eyes again.

"I love you," I quietly said to her as she started to fall back asleep.

"I love you, too," she quietly said as her eyes closed.

I placed a light kiss on the top of her head and sat back down on the chair next to the bed.

ALY'S POV

I woke up to feeling a little pressure and I looked over to see that Jay was on his phone.

"Jay," I said and he looked up from his phone. "Can you go get Dr. Smith? I'm feeling pressure," I said as I slowly rolled onto my back.

"Yeah," he said as he got up from the chair and quickly left the room.

I watched as Jay came back into the room with Dr. Smith and a couple nurses following behind him.

"I'm going to check and see where you're at," Dr. Smith said and reached under the sheet again. "Okay, she's ready. The baby is crowning."

"She's ready?" Jay asked in a surprised voice as the nurses started to get things ready around the room for Gianna to arrive.

"Yes, we're going to have her start pushing in a few minutes, once we get everything set up," Dr. Smith said and I looked up at Jay.

"Now, I'm nervous," I said as he leaned down towards me.

"You are going to do great, Aly. This is the moment that we have been waiting for. I'll be right here with you," he said and gave me a kiss.