You Are Not To Blame

A/N: Hey, guys! I know it's been a VERY LONG TIME since I last updated. I thought I was going to update a lot, but then I kind of just took some time off. I hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy. Without further wait, here is chapter 14!

The next day came and I was awaiting my discharge at the hospital. I was still shaken up about what happened the previous night with the guy attacking me and I was hoping that they would find out who did it and why.

I was sitting on the side of my hospital bed as I looked out the window at the dark clouds forming in the sky. I looked down at my hands and arms and saw some slight bruising on them from the night before. I reached my hand up towards my neck and winced as my fingers touched the area where the guy had his hands. Tears came to my eyes and spilled down over my cheeks. I felt the bed sink beside me and an arm wrapped around me. The moment I smelled Jay's cologne, I knew it was him.

"You okay?" he asked as he held me close.

"I just feel so stupid," I said as I shook my head and pulled back from him as I shook my head.

"Babe, why do you feel stupid?" he asked as he placed his hand on the top of my leg.

"I know that you said last night that it wasn't my fault, that none of this was my fault, but I just feel like I could..." I stopped talking as I felt myself start to get more upset. "Like I could have done something more to protect us," I said as I reached up and wiped the tears away with my hands. "I should have had my gun.."

"Aly," he said as he stopped me and I closed my eyes as I shook my head. "Listen to me. None of this is at all your fault. You cannot blame any of this on yourself," he said as I opened my eyes to look at him again.

 You cannot blame any of this on yourself," he said as I opened my eyes to look at him again

"You are safe, Gianna is safe," he said as he did his best to hold back tears. "We are going to find this guy that broke in and did this to you. I promise you that," he added and I nodded my head.

"Has anything turned up yet?" I asked and sniffled as I wiped some more tears away.

"They are working hard, looking at the security footage from the building. I don't want you to keep worrying about it right now. You need to focus on not trying to stress so much. Can you do that for me?" 

"I will try," I said as I nodded my head.

"Aly," we heard Natalie's voice say and I looked over to see her coming around the bed. "Everything okay?" she asked when she noticed that I had been crying.

 "Everything okay?" she asked when she noticed that I had been crying