Morning Sickness Is Never Fun

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

I woke up from my sleep and reached over to the stand for my phone. I picked it up and saw that it was a couple hours before my first appointment with my OB/GYN. I looked over and saw that the bed beside me was empty. I sat up on the bed, pushed the covers down, and brought my legs over the side of the bed. I slowly stood up and headed out of the bedroom. I headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. 

After my shower, I headed into the kitchen to see that Jay was sitting at the kitchen island reading something.

"Good morning," I said as I wrapped my arms around him from behind.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said as he turned his head and I gave him a kiss.

"What are you reading, babe?" I asked as I looked over his shoulder.

He closed the book and I saw it was The Expectant Father book that Natalie bought for him. The only people that knew that we were expecting were Will, Natalie, and Kim. We wanted to wait to let everyone else know.

"Figured I would get a jump start," he said as he turned towards me and wrapped his arms around me as I stood there. "How are you feeling this morning?" he asked as we looked at each other.

"Not too bad at the moment, but we all know how fast that can change," I said as I lightly rubbed his bicep with my hand. "Did you want anything special for breakfast?" 

"Hmmm, maybe just you," he said in a seductive voice as he move his hand under the back of my shirt and rubbed my skin.

I let out a chuckle.

"I mean real food," I said with a smile.

"How about French Toast?" he suggested.

"I can do that," I replied and then gave him a few kisses.

I headed over towards the fridge and opened the door. There was a certain smell that came out of the fridge and it immediately made my stomach turn. I covered my nose and quickly walked away from the fridge. I gagged and covered my mouth with my hand.

"What's wrong?" Jay asked as he noticed.

"Something smells in there," I said with my nose plugged.

He walked over to the fridge and opened the door back up.

"It might be leftovers from last night," he said as he looked around at everything. "Nothing should be bad in here. We usually dispose of things before they get too bad. Do you want me to get rid of the leftovers?" he asked as he looked over his shoulder.

"Just shut the door," I said as I walked towards the bathroom.

I grabbed the can of Febreeze and walked back towards the kitchen. I sprayed all around in the air until the air smelled like flowers. 

"That's better," I said after I smelled the air.

"Sorry, babe," Jay apologized as I set the can down on top of the counter. "Maybe we should bring that up with the doctor today."

"Definitely. How embarrassing would it be if we were in a restaurant and that happened?" I asked as I walked over to the cupboard and opened the door. "Cereal it is," I said as I looked at the different boxes that we had. "Now, do I want Lucky Charms or Reese Puffs?" I asked as he Jay came from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Maybe I can get lucky before we leave today," he said before he placed light kisses on the side of my neck.

"Jay Halstead," I said as I playfully smacked his arm.