Chapter eighteen

Four POV:

Last night we saved some of the birds so we begin eating when we hear screaming and the voices of people. Tris gets up with her bow and arrow and runs forward, Peeta follows, "Finnick!" he shouts and runs over, Katniss and me follow on. The guy named Finnick laughs and runs over to us followed by Christina and Will. "What happened to you guys?" I ask.
"Blood rain. At first we thought it was rain but no it was hot sticky blood." In the distance you could hear Christina saying "tick-tock". I don't hear what he says but Tris goes to attack Finnick but I hold her back. "I did it for you." Finnick says and walks away. Tris turns to me, "what's that supposed to mean?"
"You would've picked them to be your allies." Tris nods and then goes over to Christina to get the blood out of her hair.

Tris POV:

I walk with Christina into the sea to wash her hair, she continues going "tick-tock, tick-tock" and that's when I get it. Its a clock. "Christina! You're a genius!" We head back to the others to tell them the discovery.

"It's a clock. Every hour there is a new threat. It started with the fog, then the monkeys, the tidal wave which happened before you guys came and then finally the blood rain." I take a deep breath. "We should get what we need from the Cornucopia before anything else happens." We all agree and head to the cornucopia me in front and Christina last who started to sing hickory dickory Dock. "The tail points at 12." Four says as we get to the mouth of the small island, Christina sits in a rock, still singing. We are all facing weapons when we hear a scream. I turn around and see that the guy from district 2 had killed Christina, I shoot at him as he jumps into the water. His partner, Molly I think her name is, runs towards us and goes to the side of the cornucopia and I follow her round when the island begins to spin, I lose my footing and begin to fall.

Word Count: 358