Chapter twenty-two

Tris POV:

I wake to the sound of an engine. Is this what heaven is really like? I look down at my arm, bandage covered with a needle in it. I look to my left and see Will laying with an oxygen mask on. I pull the needle out and arm myself with it. I stand and go to investigate. I hear voices, Finnick, Katniss, Haymitch and Cinna. "You can't tell her. She's too fragile and broken to find out." Finnick says. The door opens and my hiding place is revealed. "Where's Four? Where's Peeta?" My voice croaks  and I look at them all individually. "Where's Four?" I repeat as I look at Haymitch.
"Snow and Jeanine took them. They're in the Capitol." Katniss says and I gasp. "They still had their trackers in, Finnick cut yours out." She continues. I lunge at Haymitch, "You promised! You said you'd look after us!" I try stabbing him with the needle but he takes it off me and pins my arms above my head. "It was too risky telling you anything with Snow and Jeanine watching." He says as Cinna injects me with something. My eyes feel sleepy and I start falling to the floor with the aid of Haymitch. "I'm sorry Tris." I hear Finnick say before my eyes close for what feels like days.

My eyes open to a bright light above my head. I blink a few times to clear the fuzziness. I lift my head up a bit and see my mum. "Mum where are we?" I ask, my head throbbing.
"Home." She says.
"We're in District 12?"
"13. There is no District 12 anymore sweetie." she says softly and I can't help but cry. Tears trickle down my face like a mini stream.

Four's POV:

I'm surrounded by darkness, voices chatter to one another but I'm alone. Isolated in a cell thats more like a cage you'd keep a bear in, not a human. The lights flicker on and I can finally see who I'm with. Peeta is in a cage across from me. "Well well well," Jeanine says in a happy voice, "Welcome back to the Capitol. If you don't want to die you'll join me and President Snow. We will give you some time to think about it. I'll be back tomorrow." With that she's gone and the lights go out again. Tris is all I can think about. If I die she will never forgive herself. I need to do whatever I can to stay alive, so does Peeta if he wants to see Katniss again. I wish I told Tris the plan, I wish I told her how much she means to me. But it's too late now, I might never see her again. I can't think like that, it's too dangerous. "I love you Tris." I whisper.

Word Count: 469