Visting

Hope and I are waiting in the room for Chris to walk in, she is in her car seat beside me drinking her bottle. Chris and I are allowed to physically be in the same room because we are married and have a daughter; the door opens and I see an officer open the door. Standing up nervously i fix my hair and shirt when I see him walk in only in a orange jump suit, tears fill my eyes as I look at him. "Hey ma don't cry" he says wrapping his arms around me, "It isn't fair and I miss you" I rush against his chest. Chris pulls back raising my head pecking my lips, "I'm fine don't worry about me" he says. I wipe off my cheeks looking at him, "it's my job" I say. He smiles weakly before turning to look at Hope who is giggling at him, "hey baby" he says taking her bottle out her mouth and picking her up holding her close to his chest.

        He kisses the top of her head and rests his head softly against hers, he inhales the sweet scent of her hair and I see a tear roll down his cheek and hit her head. "Chris...are you alright" I ask, he shakes his head. "No I can't do this I'm missing out on so much" he says, I wrap my arms around his waist pressing my head against his chest. "You'll be out soon babe and you can make it up to us" I say, "did she say her first word yet" he asks sitting down blowing raspberries on her stomach as she laughs. "No she is only one month" I say sitting beside him, "so maybe she's advanced" he says. "The only thing she's advanced at is pooping" I say making both of us laugh, "say mama stop talking about me" he says in a baby voice. "It's true" I say stroking her head gently as she yawns, "it's time for her nap" I say.

        Chris scoots back in the chair so he is slouching and lies her on his chest as her eyes close he starts humming a soft tune and I smile looking up at him, he feels me staring and wraps his free arm around my waist pulling me closer against his side. I inhale his scent sighing contently as he kisses the top of my head, "we gone be alright boo. I promise" he says softly before humming again as Hope starts to stir and I trust his words.