Chapter 11: Capturing Him

Jack Gilinsky POV

11:42 p.m.

Crawford hit me upside the head to wake me up.

"Wake up," Crawford hit me again to make to sure I was awake.

"It's time," Andrea untied me and I stretched for a second then Madi and Carter appeared. 

"We don't have time for you to stretch. Let's go," Madi grabbed my arm and pulled. She was way stronger than she looked.

We walked out the building, across the street, and got into this silver car with Madi at the wheel, Carter in the passenger seat and I got in the backseat with another person.

Madi's a horrible driver but perfect for the circumstance of getting our asses out of there. We were driving for two hours before anyone said anything above a mutter or curse word at the occasional driver.

"Madi, don't say anything. I know we have to," Carter told her. In the mirror, I could see biting her lip. She kept looking back at me.

She pulled into a gas station and we all got out.

"Spread eagle," she walked towards me and patted me down and pulled out my phone.

She opened the back and took out a chip that was under the battery. She took the chip and slid it onto the side of bright yellow Mustang that pulled up beside us.

"Why didn't you just destroy it?" I asked.

"Cuz then Melissa will guess where we went. Wherever this Mustang goes, that's where your stalker goes," Carter said, "Let's get to where we need to be."

"Which is?" I asked.

"Out of plain sight," Carter said. A hush of silence went over us then Madi spoke up.

"I'm hungry," Madi went into the gas station market and we followed.

*******

Crawford Collins POV

"You let him go!" Melissa said. I looked towards a dark corner where Matt and Nash were. They were going to grab her and take her to a rehab center in Virginia. I'm just glad they didn't bring Taylor to help. She would have smelled him like a bloodhound.

"Yep," Andrea said and popped her p. "Watcha going do about it?"

"He was my only to get Taylor!" Melissa yelled and launched at Andrea, who punched her and knocked her unconscious. I looked at her.

"Self-Defense," she said.

Matt and Nash grabbed her, put her in handcuffs and into another car. Andrea and I got in another. I still couldn't shake that shrine to Taylor out of my mind.