Animatum Anima by Boooklover12 pt 7

Harry was tied to a chair, watching as High Inquisitor Dolores Umbridge paced back and forth. Behind her, his friends were held at wand point by the members of the inquisitorial squad.

"Yes, yes. Mr. Malfoy, would you please find Severus for me? I am in need of his services."

Malfoy hurried out the pink door. He seemed to like being in Umbridge's presence as much as those in Dumbledore's Army.

Leaning forward, the High Inquisitor pointed her wand in Harry Potter's face. He leaned back.

"Tell me! Where is Dumbledore! I know you were trying to contact him!" she said, as slightly crazed gleam igniting behind her irises.

"I don't-" started Harry, before she interrupted him

"Tell me!"

The door once again opened, this time revealing Snape. Apparently Malfoy had used this opportunity to escape.

"Ah, Severus. Would you please fetch me some veritaserum? Mr. Potter has some things he has been hiding the ministry needs to know."

The look on her face was absolutely horrible.

Snape let his eyes flick to Harry, tied up, and then to the rest of the captured DA, his eyes lingering on Hermione.

"I'm afraid," He said smoothly, "That you used the rest of my supply interrogating Miss Chang."

Umbridge twitched. "Well then make more!"

"Of course. Unfortunately, it shall take about a month, as certain ingredients must be picked at the full moon…"

Umbridge was livid. "Well then-"

This time, Harry interrupted. "Professor- he's got Padfoot- he's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

The High Inquisitor's eyes bounced back and forth between them. "What was that! What does he mean, Severus?"

Snape turned his confused face to Umbridge. "I have no idea."

He turned on his heel, black robes billowing as he swept from the room. Umbridge scowled, her nose twitching with frustration. She tightened her grip on her wand, and slashed it through the air in her fury. Continuing her pacing, she began to work herself up to something.

"Yes, it's the only way…" She trailed off, turning to Harry. "Perhaps the Cruciatus curse will loosen your tongue."

Hermione struggled in her captor's hands. "But Professor! That's illegal!"

Stepping towards the desk, Umbridge's pink heels clicked on the fuchsia flooring. With gentle hands, she laid the portrait of Minister Fudge on the desk. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

Hermione let out a frustrated whimper.

"Now, Mr. Potter," said Umbridge, advancing like an executioner in court, "Is there anything you'd like to tell me?"

Harry raised his chin defiantly. "No."

"Very well," the High Inquisitor said.