12. No

'No, we won't let you and you know why!'

That is what the executive protectors, those who handle the most responsibilities, told Jennie when she asked if she could go get ice-creams.

The problem was not her, except that she knew the consequences of her acts. But she wanted an ice-cream anyway.

In fact, ice-cream was a very powerful trigger for one of their little alters. And if some alters had to be protected more than the others, it was the littles. The younger alters, those who embody so much freedom, or so much fear when that freedom is taken away.

"We'll go this way, there's the best ice-cream shop. I'm sure it will make you happy!" Stated Taehyung, his mouth forming a gentle crescent.

'If only I had someway to communicate with Taehyung...' Jungkook thought. One of the many hindrances that must be accepted when it comes to DID, is that fact that you are not likely to control the switches. When Jungkook discovered that he suffered from the disorder, he could not control them at all. It was pretty much the opposite : he had no control over his life, because of that. But that is a story for another day. The only thing Jungkook could do was trying to force a switch, ChungHa and GD supporting his attempts.

Jennie could feel a headache coming through her way, but felt relieved when she caught a glimpse of the ice-cream seller. Just by looking at it, she could feel a strong pull towards the headspace. She knew that someone had to come out.

Seeing that Jennie was frowning Jungkook's eyebrows, if he could say that, Taehyung wondered aloud.

"Are you sure that they agreed to us ordering ice-creams?" he asked. Without visible hesitation, Jennie answered quickly.

"Of course they did! Why wouldn't they?"

Taehyung hesitated a few seconds, and Jungkook on the inside, prayed that he would find any reason to go back to his house. Instead, the blue-haired boy just shrugged. I will make sure you eat your feet you useless jerk... ChungHa thought.

On her side, Jennie was struggling to stay on the front, the pull was still there, everytime she looked at the ice-cream pictures spread all over the place. That was how triggers were. Persistent. She found another way to stay longer, and to achieve her current goal.

"Could you order the ice-cream for me please? Strawberry flavor is my favorite!" Taehyung smiled, and went buy the sugary foods.

Just once Taehyung looked away from her Jennie got her eyes off of the shop, so that the trigger would be less effective. To be honest, she was lucky that he did not take over yet.

But when the blue-haired male came back equipped with two delicious-looking ice-creams, it was already over.

Jennie had got to hold the ice-cream for two seconds until she switched off, without having taken any bite of it. That was her ultimate goal.

Taken back to the headspace, she screamed, tears falling down instantly.

'DID SUUUCKS!!!'

***

She just wanted some ice-cream :(