8. Don't

At this point, ChungHa was totally fed up with Jungkook's attitude. No matter what she would say, the younger would always push that aside and want to meet this Taehyung guy. Unbeknownst to her, but Jungkook still had trouble hearing his alters inthe inside. Still, this Taehyung guy was suspicious. What she could tell for sure was that he hid a secret, and ChungHa was afraid it could hurt their system, all her alter family. Badly.

ChungHa was a protector of the system. An executive protector, to that. Which meant that she was part of the alters who made choices for everyone, who dealt with the most responsibilities on a daily basis. But Jungkook going to that date -well at least that is what she understood- was not going to happen without a real talk with Jungkook.

'Somehow ChungHa, I can feel your stress.' Jungkook was trying to be as soothing as possible. He was the one fronting since not too long ago, and wanted to stay until his meet up with Taehyung was over. Yet, ChungHa saw that with a different eye.

'Jungkook-ah, you're gonna get us all in danger. Can't you see that? Worse. You're gonna get yourself in trouble!' ChungHa warned. In his mind, her faded voice was feminine, whereas when she would front, she had to use the body's voice, much more low-pitched than hers.

'Why don't you see that for yourself? We don't know him enough. You can't tell yet if he's dangerous or not. So let him try to get close to us. We'll see what happens next.' Jungkook sighed. For once, he could hear quite clearly. Thankfully, the other executive protector was nowhere to be heard, litterally. He would not have to convince anyone else.

"Jungkook!" He heard from afar, "Hey!"

A delightful Taehyung was waving in his direction. Jungkook felt all the burdens on his heart melt away. He smiled, showing his small dimples, and greeted back the blue-haired male.

"We're both just on time! So what do you want to do?" Taehyung asked playfully, it seemed like he could not enjoy more this moment. ChungHa did find that suspicious, but kept it to herself. "The sea's nearby if you want to take a walk." Taehyung offered. Observing Jungkook's reaction, he knew where they were going.

They sat down on a few rocks next to the warm sand, and listened to the sound of the waves hitting the mineral. Meanwhile, Jungkook and Taehyung talked about everything and nothing. But first and foremost, they talked about music, their common hobby. Decided he wanted to know more about his mate, Taehyung started asking about Jungkook's disorder.

"So how is it living with others in one body? Is there any bad alter like in the movies?" the blue-haired boy taunted.

Jungkook looked offended all of a sudden. "That is actually not accurate. There is nothing like 'bad alters', alters are created by the brain to cope with... Horrible experiences. For example, if a traumatized child is afraid of cats, his brain will create a dog alter. So alters are meant to be saviours in a certain way. That's a very simple way to see it, and things aren't that simple I guess. But you can view it this way." Taehyung nodded.

"Mh... Are there various types of alters? Like non-human ones? " he asked, to which Jungkook nodded.

"Non-human alters in general exist. It's a way for the child's brain to defend itself. Supernatural creatures, or even fictive characters, to face... The hardships you have to face..." At this point, Jungkook looked very uncomfortable, almost trembling. Taehyung's wolf roared as a way to tell the beta to stop. He decided to ask a last question regarding Jungkook's disorder.

"I'm sorry I asked you this. If it makes you uncomfortable, just slap me already and I'll learn my place. But, I wonder something still. How many alters are there in this beautiful head?" Even Taehyung cringed at his own words. He was on the verge of laughing nervously when he catched a glimpse of Jungkook's face. He was blushing. Jungkook turned his head away from Taehyung's side, feeling dissociation. Inside, ChungHa was close to fronting.

"As I know of, we are 10 living in this body."

A silence fell over his last words. A peaceful silence. Somehow, both of them got closer and were now sitting just a few inches away from each other. A warm sensation heated their hearts, and Taehyung suddenly felt like he wanted to put his arm on Jungkook's shoulders. He shot a glance to him, pondering whether he should do this or not. The boy was lost in a daze, his gaze staring at the void constantly.

Taehyung lifted his arm and was already touching Jungkook's right shoulder when the black-haired boy tensed up.

"DON'T!" He screamed his voice pitched higher than usual.

Jungkook's body got up, staring right through Taehyung's eyes in a threatening way. Taehyung's blood turned cold.

"Learn to keep your distance from Jungkook! We still don't trust you." ChungHa warned him, and then gave the blue-haired boy a view of their back as she walked away.

We will never trust anyone else.

***

Looooong chapter
That bootyyyyy