♡4. Alone With the Devil

Harry was very kind for a vampire. But he had a temper.
Over the few weeks I had lived in this home, he kept me away from the others. Especially Lestat.
His rivalry with his brother was started long before me. But now I was a part of it. Harry told me that I reminded Lestat of someone from his past.

"But why do all the others stare at me like that?" I asked him. "Even the one that's like me.. Half."

"For me, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen because you're my mate. But the others.. I don't know why. Maybe Sky looks at you from hunger. Being half.. you both must be so hungry.." He said.

It seemed that in the moments when he spoke, we told each other a lot of ourselves. But in the moments between the speaking, we were all over each other. It was a mate thing. The irresistible addiction to the person you're meant to be with was so strong in vampires.

His lips were so soft all the time. And he was strong. It was different in all the best ways. Many of my dresses had been ripped apart by him, to only be replaced the next day.

His hands all over me was the only thing in my mind when I woke up, knowing he wasn't in my bed because he would feed in the mornings. I spend such a short time with him but I missed him.

"Thinking of your precious mate." A voice said and made me jump.

I looked over to see him.

Lucius.

"Why are you in here?" I asked, trying to cover my nakedness with the blanket.
He walked slowly closer to the bed, "Everyone went to feed.. I prefer to find my prey at night." He smirked. I rolled my eyes, "I didn't ask what you prefer."

He stood leaning on the bed post at the end of the bed. Watching me. "You felt the same thing I did when you first woke up here, didn't you?" He asked. I shook my head at his assumption but in my mind I knew he was right.

"There's an undeniable attraction between us."

"I have a mate." I said.

"I have a mate too. I can see there's something different about you. You attract us all.." He said quieter.

I nodded, "yeah and I don't know why."
He shrugged and came closer to me, "you're special. There was only one like you before. She was a queen. But you... are not."

He came over quickly and suddenly he was hovering right over me. I sucked in a breath from shock, "I know you feel it. He won't get mad. He doesn't even have to know." He said.

He was right. I did feel an attraction towards him. Not like the one for Harry but I did. "I don't want to be a cheater."

"He's your mate.. You have eternity to be forgiven."

"Lucius—"

"Give. In."

And then suddenly I kissed him myself. I pulled him down on to me. He controlled my mind with two little words. It was some type of trick and I wanted to know how he did it.
But right now, all I wanted was him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed me. His hands travelled down my torso and pulled the blankets off me. I pulled at his clothes until he was naked. He put himself in me and the feeling made me whimper.
"Oh... Harry." I moaned from memory. He quickly grabbed my hair and pulled it to expose my neck, "don't you fucking say his name. You're mine right now." He growled. He sunk his teeth into my neck then my torso and thighs. He didn't take any blood, although I knew he could taste it from the bites.
I scratched my nails down his back and he groaned loudly. "Harder.." I said breathlessly. And he did it.

***

After we were done, nobody was back yet. I put a white dress on as he sat on the bed with only his pants on.
"You tricked me. How did you do it?" I asked, referring to the way he used two words to control me.

He got up and came over to the mirror I sat in front of as I fixed my hair. He sat down on the small bench beside me, "my eyes.. I got ahold of you." He said. I furrowed my brows at his answer.

"Show me."

His hand travelled to the back of my neck and I turned my head. "Look into my eyes. As deep as you can." He said quietly. "Then command something."

I looked into his eyes. So deep. I knew when I had him. It was like my hands held onto his soul. "Kiss me." I said. His mouth came to mine and he kissed me. And a kiss I never thought he could do.

"What the hell is this?" I heard behind us. We both turned to see Harry. Staring angrily at Lucius.
There wasn't even any time to react before he had jumped across the room and his hands were wrapped around his neck. They hit each other. They broke things in the room.

"Stop!" I yelled. They didn't listen.

The fight had travelled to the hallway, "Enough!" Lestat growled as he saw them.

He forced the three of us to the kitchen as he stayed to try and figure out what had happened.
"He was kissing her." Harry spoke angrily.

"She kissed me.." Lucius spat.

"She's new born. Her desires are heightened.. towards anyone. You know that." Harry said. "You took advantage of that."

Lucius scoffed, "how would you assume your own brother would take your mate."

"Your bite marks are all over her!"

I looked down slowly and saw them still there. I had forgotten about them until now.

"She was delicious."

"Lucius

"Lucius. Enough." Lestat said, finally speaking up. "You will not lay a finger on her again."

"Or?" Lucius tested.

"Or I'll starve you." He said calmly.

That seemed to quiet him. Harry took my hand and we left the kitchen, making our way back to the room where this all started.

I wasn't sure I was ready for the anger he may have had towards me.