♡8. Change

"Why must we do this? You really want her near me?" Lucius said.

Harry rolled his eyes, "If you need validation, I want her to feel what it's like to bite someone.. You are practice. She won't kill you.. Unfortunately. And no.. I do not want her near you. But this is the best I can come up with.."

I smiled at him and turned back to Lucius, glaring at Harry. His gaze then landed on me, "be gentle, little girl.." He patronized.

I grabbed his neck roughly and pulled it down to me, "you weren't calling me little girl in the bedroom.." I whispered before sinking my teeth into his neck.

I didn't take any blood, although it was hard. But the whole point was to sink my teeth and that's it.
I pulled away and Lucius looked down at me with a hint of amusement in his eyes, "that was the most arousing thing that's ever happened to me.." He said.

"Get the hell out of here." Harry said before taking my hand and dragging me away from him.
Lucius left but didn't forget to wink at me before he did.

I sighed, "is that all?" I asked, hoping I didn't have to bite another one of his brothers.

"No.. You need to try with one more person." He said and then his eyes gazed away from me and to something behind me.
I turned around to see where his attention was.

Sky.

I shook my head, "no. Why him? You realize he was in—" Harry covered my mouth quickly. "Yes. And that pains me but he's also half human.. You may be able to control it with vampire blood but human is different."

I turned and went over to Sky. It couldn't be so hard, right?
He looked at me in that same way he always did. Harry may not know what the look behind his eyes was, but I did.

"Stop looking at me like that." I said quietly.

Then I quickly grabbed his neck and roughly brought it to my mouth. His hands grabbed my waist to steady himself. I took a second and then sunk my teeth in.

He let out a small whimper and I took my teeth back out.

"There. Is that good enough for you?" I asked as I turned around and made my way back to Harry, hoping he didn't see anything that would suggest Sky meant something to me.

He nodded, "yes. Let's find you a human.."

That sentence scared me.. I had to admit; taking a life was terrifying to think about.
But what would actually doing it be like?

***

Harry had found a man in the night. Someone I was meant to drink from.

"I'll stop you if you can't do it yourself.." He said.

The man was wasted on whiskey. I pushed him to the ground and he landed on his back, still not knowing or even caring what was happening.
I got on top of him and straddled his waist as he lay under me.
I looked down and saw that he didn't care. He wasn't worried. He was slowly dying as he continued to drink every night. Or maybe I told myself that so I wouldn't feel so bad.

"Lily.." Harry said quietly, urging me to  drink.

I leaned my head back and let my fangs come out. Then I quickly came to his neck and sank my teeth. Drinking his blood.

I could feel it going down my throat

I could feel it going down my throat. It was so good, I didn't want to stop. It was like being thirsty and then finally having something to drink.

I felt Harry pull on my arm and I forced myself to push back and stop.
I looked up at him and he smirked, "you're a goddess." He whispered.

He insisted that we rush home. He told me that there would be pain for me during my night. Becoming a full vampire wasn't silent and easy.

I lay on my bed and he hovered over me, "drink." He said, holding his wrist to my mouth.
I put my mouth to his wrist, right where he bit into it so I wouldn't have to. And I drank.
But I only managed a small amount before the pain hit.

I groaned as my body started to hurt. My bones felt like they were freezing and my veins did too. I could feel them.
I started to grip the sheets beside me and scream. He held me down, maybe so I wouldn't hurt myself. I had never ever felt anything like that. It was icicles going through my body. Fire burning my insides. Hunger. Thirst. Anger. Love. Pain. All at once in many different ways.

"Please make it stop!" I screamed.

He just held me down and I felt tears leave the corners of my eyes but that was the least of my worries.

Then suddenly, it all stopped.

I felt calm. Good even. Like all of what I previously felt, didn't even happen.
Harry looked down at me and smiled as his eyes scanned over me. "So beautiful.." He said.
My eyebrows pulled together and I sat up to get off the bed. I made my way to the bathroom. I looked at the mirror and saw myself for the first time as a vampire. A real full vampire.   

My skin was pale. But so beautiful, it didn't look real. I looked like the most incredible version of myself. I was glowing. I looked like Harry. Always beautiful, always perfect.

I was finally seeing why the others always stared.

I was something alluring.