𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢 ; part ii. conflict.

The persistent chatting between the group brings forth nothing but a frustrating headache

The persistent chatting between the group brings forth nothing but a frustrating headache. Not that they could be blamed –patience was not one of (L/n)'s virtues outside of the battlefield, either. The pillars , all together in one place (which is, indeed, an extremely rare occurrence ) have their focus solely on the unconscious body of the traitor.

Someone's comment about the Storm Pillar's physical strength –particularly their ability to literally knock a person off their feet- isn't baseless at all. The male hasn't budged from his spot.

They're all tired of waiting. It's not often that they hold meetings like these –in Oyakata-sama's presence.

Continuous shouts from the pillars do little to speed up the process.

Not a moment after, (L/n) moved next to the hunter. Not unusual for them, to take the initiative. Although it does draw various curious gazes towards them. Deciding to ignore the attention completely, they kneel down. It only takes a sharp movement of their elbow, positioned onto the boy's spine, and he's already up.

'Ouch.' Somebody whispers.

Burgundy-locked head raises and its owner inspects each of them with great awe-and even greater fear.

Particularly once he sets his gaze onto his captor –the eye contact between the two lasts no more than a few seconds. Few seconds too many.

Kochou takes it upon herself to 'welcome' him. Danger is well concealed behind both her expression and voice. 'This is the headquarters of the Demon Hunters. You are on a trial right now, Kamado Tanjirō-kun.'

There isn't enough time for him to form a proper reaction. Rengoku Kyōjurō speaks, his usual lighthearted visage and tone not changing in the slightest. 'There's no need for a trial here! Protecting demons is clearly a violation of conduct! We can deal with it by ourselves! We'll decapitate every demon!'

Agreement comes from the rest.

Mortification paints the boy's face. It's somewhat adorable, in all honesty.

But even so ...

'I agree with Rengoku-san.' (Y/n) speaks, even with boredom etched within vocals. It still draws out more surprise from the hunters. 'However, it's reasonable to assume that Oyakata-sama requested we bring them here for a reason. I believe it would be unwise to act on our own, until he arrives.'

Despite being so young, (L/n)-san is so responsible. Amazing ... The Love Pillar, Kanroji Mitsuri, muses.

The argument causes, again, murmurs of agreement. Afterwards, Iguro Obanai, from his spot upon a nearby tree, opens the discussion about Tomioka.

(Y/n) proceeds to tune it out. They aren't really fond of the Water Pillar, after all.

I haven't seen Junko and Juinichi around for a while. Maybe they got killed ? Ah, wishful thinking ... there's no way that'd happen ...

I hope Oyakata-sama arrives soon ... all this chatter is making my head hurt even more.

'MY SISTER AND I CAN FIGHT TOGETHER! WE CAN FIGHT TO PROTECT PEOPLE AS DEMON HUNTERS!'

Despite another sudden spike of pain, pleading words are enough break their train of thought. Eyes widen. Morphs into shock. Fight together ? Humans and demons ?

Anger. Unexpected and furious. Words catch in their throat.

'Whoa, whoa. This got somewhat interesting.' There's an addition of a newcomer's voice. The Kakushi trembles right next to the scarred man. 'Please don't, Shinazugawa-sama! Let go of the box, please!'

But of course, Sanemi doesn't listen. He never does. A faintest of scowls etches onto (L/n)'s complexion. Annoying.

'So you're the idiotic member who brought the demon.' The wooden box is held in a nonchalant grip. 'What the hell are you planning to do?'

Shinobu's usual pleasant smile drops in an instant. The Wind pillar is infuriating enough to cause it. The (h/c) haired hunter rolls their eyes. 'Please don't act on your own, Shinazugawa-san.' The Insect Pillars demands. Kanroji's cheeks are painted a soft rosy color.

Of course, the unruly man decides to ignore the voice of reason. Almost –soulless eyes prey upon the scarred boy's form.

'What's a demon to you, kiddo? You can fight with it to protect people as demon hunters? You see, about that ...'

'IT'S IMPOSSIBLE, YOU MORON!'

The sword is unsheathed to impale the demon inside the box. His actions were, however, predicted beforehand.

He stabs empty air.

Behind him is the objects, although now in (Y/n)'s hands. Monochrome haori flutters around them as they stand straight. Due to the speed of movement, the passenger's body rattles against the wood. It's none of their concern, though. They weren't doing this for her, or Tanjirō.

Silence envelops the room. Tomioka and Kochou merely blink in shock. Kanroji raises a hand to stifle her surprised gasp. Iguro gets down from his usual spot. Tanjirō's mouth is left hanging wide open.

'Oyakata-sama will be the judge of their fate, Shinazugawa.' Their voice is like an early grave. Usually (e/y) hues become cloudy. Screaming deadly.

From his whole posture, anger seeps in waves. He looks down onto the fellow pillar. 'What do you think you're doing?'

'Following orders.' Something you fail to do. 'Now, put your blade down.'

Mouth splits into a wild grin. Not only does he not comply –the weapon is raised against (L/n). 'You're getting too cocky-'

The sentence is left unsaid.

With unforeseen energy,Tanjirō rises from his spot on the floor. Shouts something –it's mixed with Tomioka's desperate attempts at calming the situation down. Sanemi strikes. He jumps up-dodges.

Their heads collide. Both fall onto the ground.

Everyone stops and stares. Greenish-pink haired swordswoman snorts, starting to apologize in embarrassment. ((Y/n) takes this chance to laugh unnoticeably.)

He got what he deserved. Though, I wonder what's up with that kid's forehead.

They are on their feet, again. Words are exchanged and truth to be told, it's getting kind of annoying now.

When will my suffering end.

'OYAKATA-SAMA IS VISITING!'

Ah.

not edited. pardon any mistakes.