𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐢.

'There you are!'

'There you are!'

The child –with the discontent gaze –stares ahead at the darkening sky. Such an ugly sight. It can't bring anything good, they perceived. And so, attention sways towards the person who is, by now, standing right next to them. He's staring at the clouds, too.

'A storm is coming our way. Let's head back before it starts pouring.' Voice supposedly provides guidance. Just as the last vocal rings out through the air, the silent child turns around sharply. Though, their companion remains unbothered by such a sudden movement –instead, with mischievous gentleness dancing across his fingers, he pulls at the other's cheek. Of course, it produces nothing but an annoyed snarl (and yet, it is followed by a somewhat amused snort).

'Fine!' they pull away, already stomping away in a manner perfectly displaying their childish temper. Even if they know it won't bother him in the slightest. They stop. 'Is it time for dinner already?'

'We already finished eating, right after you ran away. You know, like a brat.' He's not serious, that much is obvious (of course, with that smirk).

'You're going to let me starve, then? Really?'

'Maybe I should ... but I won't. We can make some tempura for you.'

The younger one of the duo stills for a moment, before nodding.

'Onii-san.'

The boy hums.

'Did you have a fight with him?'

'... He wanted to go after you. It wasn't really a fight, though. Demon hunter training is really useful, even in situations like that one.' He laughs, almost as if he was telling a mere joke. 'He left after that. You don't have to worry.'

'I'll never worry about anything,' With the deepest form of confidence, they state, voice unwavering. 'Not when you're with me.'

Onii-san says nothing.

The roar of thunder fills the silence, and accompanies the children on their way home. 

BEGINNING OF ACT II.

hello again, after another 2 months ! my winter break is starting soon, so expect more frequent updates! this is the finishing part of act i/beginning of act ii, & acts as a glance to the mc's past. your normally scheduled canon timeline returns next chapter!

i also might change the format? of this book soon-ish......i want it to match my dr. stone one dshudi