𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢 ; part v. oddities.

I should have been more careful is what the youth thinks as they undergo the scolding instilled upon them by the obviously displeased Kochou Shinobu

I should have been more careful is what the youth thinks as they undergo the scolding instilled upon them by the obviously displeased Kochou Shinobu. Beforehand, they managed to catch the most important parts ; 'The wound wasn't too severe' , 'The antidote is already active' and 'You shouldn't move your arm too much until it heals completely.' After nodding at every statement, their gaze lingers on the bandages tightly wrapped around their arm. It was an accident, a mistake on their part. Even if the wretched demon used poison of some kind, they didn't deem it to be much of a threat. But of course, their constant refusal to rest took a toll ; a few moments and there was already a gash in their flesh.

Despite the numbing sensation caused by the poison, they managed to end the man-eater. Fortunately, Kochou was able to treat it before it turned serious. Still, that alone wasn't enough to stop the Insect Pillar from giving (L/n) a long lesson on how resting is important and whatnot. But that wasn't on their mind right now. It was the fact that they almost failed. Failed against some weak low-tier thing. Plus, they got injured –which was definitely a nuisance. If they were a lower-ranking hunter, it would have been acceptable. But, as a pillar, they had no room for this.

Noticing the vacant look in the other's eyes, Kochou paused. Exhaling softly, she spoke in a much gentler tone. 'I want you to promise me something.'

Surprise is subtly presented by two blinks. 'Promise?'

'Promise me that you won't overwork yourself anymore.' Her words are sharp enough to cause slight flinching. 'It brings more harm than good, you know? It's harder to kill demons if you're barely awake.'

Her smile isn't present anymore and she's dead serious. (L/n) feels like protesting would be useless in this case. After all, her visage only changes rarely. '... I promise.'

Ah, there it is. The pleasant smile they're accustomed to is back in its previous place. 'Good! You're all ready to go, then. Oh, I almost forgot –'

Before she could finish, the sounds of yelling and something falling onto the floor resonated from outside the room. They sent the dark-haired woman a questioning glance, even if no answer was given through her mostly never-changing expression.

Through the ruckus, they hear a faint shout of '(L/n)-sama!' is enough to bring dread. They bolt up from their seat, obviously attempting to escape the storm before it reaches them. It's futile, however. The door opens.

In front of them stands one of their self-proclaimed tsuguko. One of them, because there are, indeed, two. The two of them share their appearance –such is the trait of identical twins. Truth to be told, telling them apart solely by their looks is a very difficult task.

The Storm Pillar has spent enough time with the twins to be able to distinguish them by the slightest differences. Through gritted teeth, they speak. 'Junko.'