𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐢 ; part i. mourning.

'Good morning, Senjurou-kun

'Good morning, Senjurou-kun.'

The youth in question –startles, enough to make the broom fall out of already slackened grip. '(Y/n) ... (Y/n)-san ...?' The other barely nods, as they set the 'passenger' down, who immediately bows. The pillar's rigid posture stays unchanged.

'Have you heard about the obituary for Rengoku Kyoujurou ... I was given a message for his father and for you, Senjurou-san ... so I've come to convey it ...' The boy begins.

Before the youngest Rengoku could reply, (L/n) cuts in. 'They already know. I personally sent a message to them. I suppose I should have told you earlier, Kamado.' Although skillfully hidden, there is something sheepish in their tone.

'Stop!'

In that moment, an unfortunately familiar person entered the scene. (L/n)'s nails sharply dug into their palms.

'You've just come to tell us useless crap anyway!'

Ugh.

'It's because he became a swordsman despite having no great talent ...'

Stay calm. Stay calm. Stay calm.

'That's why he died!'

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

'Kyoujurou's just a fool of a son!'

...

'

Shut your mouth, you shitty old man!'

Both the crude words and raised voice draw the attention away from the eldest –even he, after his rant, stands stunned.

'You are pathetic! Don't dare talk about him like that ever again! '

'What would you know?!' Shinjurou finally answers, having recovered from his previous shock. 'He might have been your mentor, but it seems he hasn't taught you anything at all!'

(L/n) was Rengoku-san's apprentice?, Tanjirou realizes, between the surprising outbursts. But why did he say they didn't learn anything?

'What ...?' The red haired boy's confusion is, indeed, shared by the Storm Pillar.

'A small fraction of people have talent, the rest are just riffraff. Garbage without any value! ' He begins, and all three listen, silent.

'Kyoujurou was like that, lacking any great talent.'

'Of course he was going to die.'

Senjurou starts crying. (L/n) sucks in a breath.