|4| It's Not Easy Being Me

Melody's P.O.V

I've never felt so fragile. So hurt. So vunderable. I guess I never really payed attention to how far apart we've grown. I didn't think she hated me this much. To humiliate me.

I faked sickness, and took a pass home. My grades were good enough, I could make the work up. Lea, decided to come with me. I didn't deny her offer, maybe I did need someone to be there for me, as much as I hated to admit it. Harmony had everything easy, everyone immediantly liked her. But me, I was different, I liked be different mysterious. People always told me to be just like her, but that's just not me, not at all. But yes it was true, I was once like her one day. The partying the fake friends the glamour. I guess I matured faster than her, way faster actually. She got caught up in the mix, dug her whole too deep, and I don't know how shes planning to get out of it. Due, to the incident today I was surely not going to be the one to pull her out.

Lea silently followed me to my car. I liked this about her, she understood when someone wasn't really in the mood to talk. I sat in the car deliberating if I really wanted to go home, not knowing if my parents were still there, and not wanting to be questioned once I stepped foot in the house. Lea broke me away from my thoughts. "We can go to my house, if you want." She suggested.

"How did you know I didn't want to go home?" I asked her.

"I guess I was putting myself in your shoes. And I know I definelty wouldn't want to go home. At all." She said shrugging.

That was the one thing Harmony couldn't do. Put herself in someone elses shoes. She was too selfish. She only cared for herself.

"So.." I said starting the car. "Where do you live?" I asked her.

"Just drive out and go straight, I'll lead you from there." She told me. I followed her instructions and turned on the radio.

About ten mintues later, I pulled into the driveway of a fairly big house. Two times my house. "Wow," I mumbled. I followed her out of the car, waiting for her to open the door. She stopped. "When we get inside say Hi and nothing else. They'll keep asking questions." She warned me.

"Sure," I agreed I knew how she felt. She stuck her key into the door, and opened it. We were almost at the top of the stairs until we were stopped. Lea sighed loudly.

"Lea honey what are you doing here so early?" A fairly young women asked her. They could've been twins, but I knew that was her mother. "I wasn't feeling well, so my friend here gave me a ride home. She's staying here with me." Lea lied, that was the exact opposite. The young women stared at me, as if just realizing my presence. "Hello sweetheart. Thank you. What's your name?" She asked me.

I stared at Lea for help, but she sighed and nodded. "Melody. Melody Adams." I answered her politely. Her eyes sparkled. "You mean like you're Harmony Adams sister? I've seen her such a beauty." Ms. Williams replied. Now I was getting annoyed.

Lea could sense it because she grabbed me by my arm and pulled me up the rest of the stairs. We stopped at a door and she pulled me into it. "Sorry about her. She doesn't always think." I nodded.

Changing the subject I said, "So this is your room?" I admired my surroundings. Her room was light purple and had the exact same accomidations as mine. Screen TV, walk in closet, queen sized bed, dressers, expect her room was bigger.

"Yeah.. She walked into her closet and threw it open. My jaw dropped she had about a billion clothes and shoes. None of which I would expect her to wear. "Grab anything. My mom always buys me all these clothes, expecting me to wear them. I keep all the clothes I do wear in my dressers."

I laughed, and she turned around eyebrows raised. "We could be twins. My grandmother does the same thing. You should see my closet."

We both laughed sharing stories about our families, and everything else. We talked about boys, and I told her about Todd even though I promised I wouldn't tell anyone about him. "I guess he just used me to get closer to my sister, and the popular people." I spoke aloud.

"Whatever, no one needs him anyway. They don't even talk to him." She pointed out. Which made me feel alot better. I knew that she wasn't the quiet one.

Harmony's P.O.V

My make up ran down my face. I looked terrible. Kaylee and Arianna were by my side. Bryan just broke up with me. Me. No one breaks up with me! I'm me! I groaned. He told me he wanted to see other people, meaning he wanting to continue fucking the senior Rose Pierce, but he didn't want to hide it. I hate her. I swear I'll make her life hell, even if I am just a junior.

"It's alright sweetie. They'll be other guys. Well not as fine as him. Ooh, he is so fine." Arianna said, while running her fingers through my hair. They were not the best at comforting people. And to make matters worse, my sister was right. She was always right. I hate her for being right. Even though she won this one again, doesn't mean I'm going to listen to her, because one day I'll win.

I knew my exact revenge. I'll act like nothing happened. Bottle all of this up, and not let anyone see me cry. I've done this for years what's one more? I'll just date his best friend, which is also Rose's brother. I know they're not going to be best friends for long when he finds out. Which just makes my revenge even sweeter.

I told Kaylee and Arianna my plan, and of course they agreed. I mean what else could they do? I could ruin their lives within a snap of my fingers and they knew it. All too well. I fixed my makeup and started out of the bathroom. I made sure my top rose up a little more to show more of my body.

"Hey Austin!" I yelled. He did a double take not sure if I was really talking to him.

Sweet, sweet revenge I thought as I smashed my lips into his, right as Bryan walked by with Rose on his arm.

Oh yes this revenge was sweet.