Art

In the years following the USO Tour, every Barden Bella went her own separate way and managed to find a good life, even if it wasn't the one she'd intentionally planned. Beca, herself, was living in one of those "semi-ever after" situations, currently working as a producer, manager and consultant at a halfway decent record company. It wasn't exactly a Taylor Swift level of fame, but it was no janky little corner store either. When all was said and done, Beca found herself feeling... satisfied. If nothing else.

But there finally came a time when satisfaction wasn't enough. She wanted something more. She wanted to feel truly passionate, bold, adventurous and excited about her art. She didn't just want to feel like it was a job well done. But even though she couldn't seem to find that energetic inspiration, that didn't mean that the energetic inspiration couldn't find her. Instead, against all odds and expectations, Beca found herself looking at a very familiar face. A very gorgeous familiar face. And that face had a thick, snobby German accent. Oh no...

"Ah! Tiny Mouse! We meet again!"

"Holy crap, dude, no freaking way!"

But sure enough, it was. The Kommissar, the fearless and flawless leader of the German acappella team "Das Sound Machine", was back in town, and even though it had been many years since she and Beca last met, it was as if nothing had changed for them at all. Kommissar was still impossibly and unfairly long, blond and handsome while Beca was still reduced to a babbling, blubbering, gay mess whenever the powerful German singer was near. All it took was one cocky smirk from that drop-dead gorgeous face to undo all of Beca's own confidence and reduce her to the mouse the German so loved to call her. It was embarrassing, but Beca was powerless to do more than gawk and stutter.

"Ah, Mouse, it is good to see that you have not changed in all the years we have been apart!" Sapphire eyes twinkled merrily as a tall figure stared down at the much smaller, meeker girl standing in the doorway.

"And what are you doing here?" came the pathetic attempt at standing her ground.

"I am here to make a record deal with the owner of this company," Kommissar replied. "And you are very much in my way."

"Hey! I'm in nobody's way!" Beca frowned, but when Kommissar only raised one flawlessly sculpted eyebrow, Beca was quick to give a nervous gulp and step aside. Kommissar gave her a smug nod before sauntering on in, hips swaying tauntingly as she walked past Beca.

"Thank you, darling, I am glad you still see things my way," she purred. Beca could only stare after her, aghast and agape.

ooo

As cruel fate would have it, even though Kommissar had come to do business with Beca's boss, Beca still wound up being the one who spent the most time with her. As another higher-up in that business, it quickly became Beca's job to look after Kommissar.

"Oh, crap!" Beca whimpered when she got the news that she was to be in charge of helping Kommissar make and uphold a contract with the company. Beca had wanted to die right then and there, but the sexy German goddess of music refused to let her go that easily.

"Even death shall not take you away from me!" she insisted, grabbing Beca's arm and all but carrying her into an empty recording studio nearby. Beca's mind instantly went to the gutter as she imagined all the things she could do to that German (or have that German do to her) if they were to lock the door. The studio had soundproof walls and doors, after all...

But as nervous as Beca had been in the beginning, it actually went a lot better than expected. Beca was still a helpless, hopeless gay mess around Kommissar, but since the two were no longer rivals, Beca no longer had to try to keep up an antagonistic persona around her. Likewise, even though Kommissar still loved to tease Beca to death, she was no longer as pushy, showy or mean about it. She was still prideful, almost arrogant, but the hostile element of their relationship was gone.