Chapter 9

After Arthur Holmes left the table the group was in shock all except Mark who still remained with a serious expression.
" What are the chances Arthur Holmes just like that" said Denise
" It did not seem like it was an accident" said Kyle
Gabriela put her hand on her boyfriends shoulder to calm him down because it seemed as if Kyle was worried about Arthur Holmes sudden appearance, as if he was hiding something. Mark just kept drinking his beer with a very serious expression ( He knew) Mark kept thinking to himself. Arthur Holmes knew he was the Punisher. Sara just kept thinking as to what she should say to Mark now that her big secret was out. Denise on the other hand was just star struck by the fact Arthur Holmes sat at their table.
" Well things just got quiet" said Gabriela
" Yes they have" said Mark
That is when Kyle finally spoke looking at his watch
" Well gang it has been fun but tomorrow I got a test early in the morning and I got to take the madame back to her home"
" Yeah and I gotta be somewhere" said Mark getting up with the check but Kyle grabbed it out of his hands.
" I meant what I said that this was all on me"
" My mistake Mr. moneybags" said Mark
Once Kyle paid they went outside to find Felicia waiting right next to Mark's car.
" So both are you guys officially dating" Asked Kyle
Mark just chuckled at the thought " She wishes"
" More like you wish brother" they both started laughing. Everybody said their goodbye's all except Sara who went to Mark before he got to Felicia and his car.
" Mark what Arthur said was all true"
Mark hesitated to turn to look at her but Sara grabbed him to make him face her.
" Do you still feel anything for me? I made a mistake Mark and I am sorry , believe me when I say I have paid for my mistake" Sara began to tear up
" But if there is a chance" her voice was breaking " If there is a chance that we could have it back we should try shouldn't we?"
That's when Mark just looked at Sara with another serious expression and with a hint of coldness.
" No"
" What do you mean no?"
" No Sara"
" But don't you-
Mark then just cut her off
" No Sara I don't , you were part of one chapter of my life that is long gone and in all honesty I'm pretty glad it is over. It's time you move on cause I have, you need to let go"
In between tears Sara manages to say
" But I don't want to let go" She grabs Mark's hand
" Please don't make me"
Mark just takes his arm off her grasp and says
" Stop holding on to something that's already dead"
With that Mark just walks towards his car and to a seemingly angered Felicia.
" A heartbreaker now aren't we"
Mark opens his car door just so Felicia could close it again.
" If this is about the situation this is not the right place for it"
Felicia looks around to see if there was anybody but the only person who was there was Sara who left crying to her car.
" Since nobody is around" Felicia then slaps Mark across the face
"That was for not getting out of it before it got out of hand. I told you if you kept going things were going to get messy and what happened ARTHUR FREAKING HOLMES IS AFTER YOU"
" It gets worse"
" How could it get worse?"
" Arthur Holmes stopped by when I was with my friends and made a clever comment"
" Keep going"
"  He said that he will leave the table before the threat gets removed as if referring to himself and me as a threat remover aka Punisher"
Felicia started pacing back and forth
" Jesus Christ this is bad , this is really really really fucking bad"
Mark leans against his car
" It changes nothing Felicia" Mark says with a commanding tone
" Are you kidding Mark this changes everything we need him"
" We?"
" Yes we"
" There has not been a we in a while so if you excuse me I'll handle this like I always do"
" What are you gonna do Mark ? You're gonna kill him huh an innocent man huh?"
Mark remained silent
" We both know you can't bring yourself to kill him , he has not done anything wrong. He has not raped nor kill nor anything, which makes it impossible for you to kill him because it goes against your vigilante moral code"
" So what do you want me to do run away?"
" YES FOR GOD SAKES MARK LEAVE ALL OF THIS BEHIND YOU LETS GO SOMEPLACE ELSE MEXICO ANYWHEREEE BUT HERE. But you leave the punisher business alone"
" I can't just do that"
" WHY WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO LEAVE IT BEHIND"
" BECAUSE IM GOING TO FINISH WHAT I STARTED. IM GOING TO FIND MY FAMILIES KILLERS AND END THEM BECAUSE I GOT TIRED OF THE INJUSTICE"
Mark then gets close to Felicia who seems to be a bit shaken and puts his hand on her shoulder.
" Because I won't be at peace until it's over"
Felicia then regains her composure
" This only ends two ways with you dead or with you caught"
" Oh cat you know my life could never go back to what it was not after that night"
Felicia always liked it when Mark calmed her  cat. Since her alter ego is Black Cat it made since why he called her that but it would always give her a bit of shivers down her spine when Mark called her that.
" If you're gonna do this we need help since the big players are on the field"
" Cat you don't-
Felicia cut him off
" No I don't but I want to help you that and I got info that you were probably looking for"
Mark got serious
" What kind of info?"
" I will only give you the info if you agree to something"
" Fine Felicia what is it"
Felicia got her phone out and gave it to him with a number already on it.
" No"
" Mark"
" Hell no"
" Mark please"
" Fuck no"
" MARK JONES"
" NO IM NOT CALLING FRANK CASTLE"
" YES YES YOU ARE"
" NO THAT PRICK CAN STAY WHEREVER HE IS"
" Well then I guess you don't want the info"
Mark stays silent
" Mark if we are gonna make it out of this we need him. You may not care what beefing you get but I do"
Felicia then puts her hand on Mark's cheek
" And the ending I want for you is the ending where you get out of this alive and well while not getting caught"
"Sigh Give me the phone"
" That's the spirit tiger"