Emily's Story

My heart was racing, my hands were shaking I was nervous. Who knows what was going to happen now... All I kept thinking about was the part of the letter that said "If you're reading this then I probably have left this family or you're about to die....". Was he gonna kill me...

He just stood there staring at me..." Ah Emily you were always smart and I'm really gonna miss our special nights but I have to do this sweetie" he said while pulling out a gun that on the side said military. The gun was a Beretta M9 and from the way I saw it the safety was off.

He pointed it at me and said "Make a move I dare you it'll be easier for me" I stood still eyes widened wanting to cry, wanting to die.

He took one last look at me and was about to pull the trigger until the doorbell rang he looked at the hallway, put the gun away and whispered/yelled "Stay right here if you move I'll kill you or worse". He locked the door to the room I was in and ran down the hallway down the stairs at the door.

But a locked door wasn't gonna keep my curiosity contained so being the genius I am( not really) I got the spare key under the dresser to unlock the door and went down the hallway to see who was at the door. To my surprise it was two cops. What did they want?

I overheard their conversation and heard them say "Mr. Pierce we're here to check around the house and how your lives have been due to the suspicion of the police of the death of your wife...and again I'm sorry for your lost".

Was this gonna be a good thing for me.....