Emily's Story

That letter...... I remember seeing it. I remember when they sent him back from the army I saw the letter he had. I remember he tried hiding the letter.

Only thing that was going through my mind was what was on that letter....I was scared to open the letter but my curiosity took over and I ripped it open. It was a letter saying.....

If you're reading this then I probably have left this family or you're about to die......anyways I just wanted to let this out I know I could never live with myself without someone in my family seeing this so here it is with my team in Iraq they said I was starting to turn insane but was I the one who was insane? They were fighting when they knew we couldn't have won. We were outnumbered there was nothing we could've done. Rogers ( our team captain) asked me why I wasn't fighting but It was hard to hear him over the gunshots. He hit my with his gun I fell to the ground I guess this is where my "insanity took over" I got up and clocked my gun back and shot him and just kept shooting. The whole team looking at me then looking at the backup that just arrived, I didn't think they saw it...

The General came and asked what had happened to Rogers and I said immediately " He was shot during the fight". I knew my team was probably gonna say something so I had to do the only thing I could've done. When we got back to the base it kind of got crazy..... When everyone was asleep I stayed awake and one by one I'd get my pillow and put it on top of my team member while they were sleeping.

But just as I was about to finish with the last one someone saw me at the door.... They ran and of course I ran after them I could've never caught up to them so I pulled out my gun.