CHAPTER TWO

[ two ].
CHAPTER TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

    HER DRENCHED SWEATER clanged to her body as sweat kept running down her back

HER DRENCHED SWEATER clanged to her body as sweat kept running down her back. Dark curls glued uncomfortably to her unusual heated skin making the feeling that her body hadn't been washed in days to intensify.

The girl could feel the rays of sun against her grimy skin as the light tried to pass through her closed eyelids.

A wave of pain rushed through her head as she slowly moved it to the side, her cheek coming in contact with a rough surface.

Thoughts keep invading her mind but none of them seem to be clear. Her mind was scrambled. It was like her brain had been tortured for hours, becoming impossible to function in a proper way.

Trying to ignore the throb on her head, her eyelids separated from each other for only a second before meeting again as a reflection of the dazzling light.

    With a grunt, the girl pushed herself to a sitting position. Her hands started to burn from the scorching floor beneath them.

    By now her eyes had started to adjust to the blinding sunlight as she took in her surroundings through a blurred vision.
It took her a couple of seconds to realize that something was wrong. Her hands shouldn't be burning from the scalding floor, nor should she be a sweating mess. It should have been the complete opposite.

    Why weren't her hands burning from the low temperature that accompanied the frosty floor? Why weren't her teeth shattering against each other in result of the cold weather? Why wasn't she feeling like she normally would?

    The world seemed to be spinning around her as her mind tried to find answers to this question. Her wide raven eyes frantically went from spot to spot, from the ivy not covered in frost - like she had drawn so many times - to the sun not covered in clouds that used to block its warm rays from reaching the earth.

    What the hell happened?

    With wobbly legs she stood up, her limbs move without her consent as she took unsteady steps, managing to reach the wall to her left just before she lost balance and collapsed on the floor.

    Drops of sweat continued to drip down her forehead as her shaky hands hastily removed the jacket that brought more warm than it seemed, which was quickly followed by the drench blue sweater, leaving her in just a black worn-out tank top.