CHAPTER FOUR

[ four ].
CHAPTER FOUR
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

    THE GIRL PASSED THE GAP

    THE GIRL PASSED THE GAP. And perhaps that would be something that the brunette would regret for the rest of her life - so the regret would be short-lived.

    The sprinter stopped once her feet no longer stepped on the stone floor, but the ground beneath her feet was much different, it was a complete contrast to the softness of the snow that used to coat every inch of the Spring.

    Her wide fearful eyes darted to the boys that stood in front of her. They were ogling her like she was some kind of animal, trapped in a cage - a rare specie no doubt. Some boys were shouting, to whom she didn't know; others seemed to speechless to even utter a single word.

Each one of them was different from the other. Their clothing was dirty like it haven't been washed in weeks. She was grateful for the large distance between them as they probably reeked of sweat.

Unexpectedly, a body came crashing down from behind her. The girl embraced herself for the impact of her sore body against the ground...but it never came. To her surprise, the boy from before - that she had completely forgotten about - grabbed her the instant he crashed against her.

At first, she didn't move, to overwhelm to do anything. She didn't even realize once the boy's hands detached from her small trembling form, too engrossed in the crowd that gathered around her.

Who are they? What's happening? Where are my friends? Did they kill them?

The last thought made her skin crawl. Tears started to burn in her eyes, but they were gone as soon as they appear, the heat of the rage that grew within her drying them fully.

In a swift movement, she reached for her machete, only for her hand to grasp air.

Slowly she dropped her arm by her side, her wide eyes following the movement. Her eyes focused on the ground, her mind screaming danger. Her gaze switch upwards, immediately connecting with dark brown ones that stared right into her soul.

"Cazzo..." Shit...

And that's when all the voices filled her ears. Voices she had ignored until this moment, now were the only thing the Sprinter could focus on.

    "What the..."

    "It's a real girl"

    "Man, look at her"

    "Whoa..."