CHAPTER SIX

[ six ].
CHAPTER SIX
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

    ONCE ROSALIND TOOK HER FIRST STEP into the circular room, she knew the next minutes would determinate her entire future. She could feel her heart beating wildly against her chest as all eyes, one by one turned to her. The boy's conversations ceased completely and the silence that now filled the air made her even more nervous.

     Rosalind liked silence. She had always enjoyed the quietness that characterized the maze by day. The tranquility of it made her feel as if the world had stopped and she had every second of her life to just breath and relieve the pressure that was put upon her every single day.

    Yes, Rosalind enjoyed the quietness, but right now she wished anything but it.

    A soft brush against her shoulder startled the girl making her jump and take a few steps back stepping away from the blonde guy. Her eyes closely followed as he made his way across the room, picked up a chair, and place it in the middle of the area. Rosalind didn't have to be a genius to know that it was meant for her.

The sound of the door closing made Rosalind quickly glance behind her shoulder only to see Minho.

    With what she hoped was a subtle look, Rosalind accessed the door observing that it actually didn't have any type of lock. It would be easier that way if things were to turn into her potential death.

    Rosalind noticed as the boys analyzed her from head to toe as if that would give anything away of who she really was. She took small, reluctant steps towards the chair, she wished to be anywhere else but here, something about this interrogatory scenario made her feel uneasy, like she had been in this position before.

Once she took her seat, Rosalind wasn't able to stop the sigh of relief that escaped her dry lips. Her sore muscles ached from all the excessive running and harsh impacts that her body had suffered throughout the day. She knew that this pain had always been there. The adrenaline was slowly vanishing, no more counseling the bruises and cuts that adorned her body.

    Rosalind tried to stand with her back straight, she didn't want these strangers to know how truly weak she was at this moment. The urge to just slump against the chair was almost impossible to resist.

Her eyes darted to her left then to her right, the blonde and the leader stood on each side. To Rosalind, they resemble two guardian angels - if she ignored their serious faces and their clothes that we're in shades of brown instead of pure white.

    "It's Rosalind, right?" the leader moved to stand a few feets in front of her but without blocking her view from the rest of the boys.

    The girl simply nodded.

    "I'm Alby. I'm the one who's in charge here."

    "I had got that." Rosalind noticed how his eyes darken slightly.

    "How did you get into the maze?" The million-dollar question, she thought. How many times did they had asked her that already?

Rosalind's eyes shifted to the boys, the attentiveness and slightly bend forward postures gave away how curious they were. She even feared a dark skin boy with an apron would fall forward of his set.