Chapter 3

PoV: Sonic

Everything hurt... Shadow... he had never been that powerful in a fight. I opened my eyes and found myself alone in a hospital. My left arm immobile, I lifted my right arm and found my wrist and super arm encased in a cast.

"... help..." I started coughing as I tried to talk.

"Your friend went home to freshen up, he'll be back later," a nurse came in.

"... M...my friend? Tails..." I couldn't find him.

"How's your pain?" She asked.

"... A lot..." it took a lot of breath just to talk.

"It's going to take about sixteen weeks for you to fully heal," she explained, "You're left shoulder is dislocated, your right wrist is fractured, and three of your ribs are broken. One of which punctured your lung."

"... no... I have to... fight Eggman... I can't wait... to heal-"

"You will not be fighting anyone," she stopped me from getting up, "You will be in recovery and physical therapy for your left arm."

"Sonic, you're awake," Tails came back, "Thank chaos. I was worried you'd never wake up."

"... Tails..." I wished I could reach for his hand.

"Sonic, save your breath," he held my hand, despite the cast.

"... Are the others... alright?"

"They're just fine. You don't need to worry about them."

"Sonic you'll be staying here for seven days. Once you're stable enough to move you can go home," the nurse stated.

"You hear that Sonic, in one week you can come home," Tails brushed my fur.

"... Yeah..." I watched him take out a pen. He drew a heart on my cast.

"You'll get better soon," he drew a star next to it, "I'm not too good an artist."

"Hm... it's fine..." even giggling hurt. I yawned, my chest gave me a horrible pain as I yawned.

"Sonic you can nap. I'll get you some lunch while you sleep," he said.

"... Sounds... good..." I started falling asleep.

PoV: Shadow

Sonic was sleep and alone. This pill gave me a sensation when I was near him. I opened the window and snuck in. He was hooked up to different machines and sleeping peacefully. I grazed my hand against his cheek. He looked different so suddenly.

"These pills have done something to me," I looked at the full bottle, "They were supposed to help me kill you. Now the thought disgusts me."

The blanket slipped off. His shoulder, I grabbed it and pulled it off him. His body seemed different in my sight. I grazed my hand against his side, soft. I  heard the door and left before I was caught. The nurse covered him back up and traded out the bag to his IV for a new one. I slipped back inside after she left. I moved closer to him, his lips look soft.

What am I doing? I stopped myself, never noticing that I had almost leaned in completely. I forced myself to leave and made it to my cave in the woods. I placed the pills down.

"I'm don't need to take you again," I left the bottle behind, "The experiment is over."

  I walked around, alone, until the effects of the pill faded. I was back to my usual self. I didn't like it. Being myself... it wasn't as interesting.

~~~