Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning feeling like someone slammed me in the head with a hammer over and over again. I groaned and rolled back over to find a cold body in my bed. I squeaked and fell off the bed.

"Jasper what the hell." I said and he jumped smacking is head on the head board. I giggled and turned to looked at the clock and saw what day it was. Tears filled my eyes and I sighed.

"Hey." He said as he got out of the bed and pulled me into his arms.

"It will be fine. Me, Peter, and Charlotte will be there with you the whole time I promise." He said and I nodded into his chest. Great I feel like the seventeen year old girl who was weak and boring. I pulled myself together at that thought and pulled away reluctantly.

"We need to get ready then." I said to him and pulled off my pajamas and changed to the cloths needed for the funeral. Which for me was a black button up blouse, a pair of levi's. My belt with the letter I on the buckle, and black cowboy boots.

I brushed my hair out and pulled it back in a braid. I sighed looking in the mirror. I knew this day was coming though I wish it wouldn't be so soon. I walked out of my room and down stairs to the kitchen to find Jasper sitting there with a cup of blood. I turned to the fridge and pulled out a blood bag and heated it up in the microwave. once it was nice and warm I ripped it open and poured it into my coffee. I sat down at the table with Jasper who was reading the newspaper.

"Anything interesting or are you reading the comics again." I said and he shrugged.

"Well there are newborns terrorizing Seattle we may need to take care of that." I nodded and finished my coffee.

"Shall we head out?" I asked softly and he nodded and finished his cup of blood then we left in my truck. Which I decided to let him drive. We showed up at the cemetery as the last people and once we walked over to our seats it began. The preacher said a few things then people started to get up and say a bunch of nice things about my father.

Me, well I sat there silently wishing it was over so the pain would leave. It finally came to my turn to speak and I turned to Jasper who nodded. I sighed and got up and walked over to the podium.

"My father was a great man. The best father. I have to say I remember our first fishing trip. I fell out of the boat and that fishing trip ended up with us both swimming trying to catch the fish with our hands." A few people laughed at this.

"Then there was a hunting trip that poor deer didn't know what was coming for it." A few laughs for that too and I sighed.

"My father and I didn't get much time to get to know each other since after high school I immediately joined the army and all. But I wish that I gave it more time. I wish I was there for him more." At this point I was using the podium for support.

"He was so proud of me when I joined. When I became a major he threw the biggest party he could think of to celebrate. It made me happy to see him so proud of me. When I was sent home on medical leave most of you know why. We would sit there in front of the tv and scream at it every time our game was on." I smiled at this letting the tears fall.

"I'm going to miss watching the games with him. I'm going to miss everything about him. I'm going to miss him the most. I love you daddy." I said and Jasper came up and helped me back to my seat and kept me in his arms as I cried in to his chest.

The preacher said a few more things then the guns went off and it felt like I was being buried with him. One of my father's old army pals walked over to me with the flag from his coffin and handed it to me.

"I'm sorry for your loss Major." He said and I nodded my thanks and held the flag close to my heart.

He then walked back over to his seat and I sat there starring off as people began to leave giving me their condolences as they left. Peter, Charlotte, and Jasper stayed with me as I watched my father be lowered into the ground right next to my mother who in her will asked to be buried here in Forks.

After that we left to my home where the reception would be and I got everything ready for it as people began to show up. After a few hours Jasper kicked everyone out and I went to bed to get away from it all. Last thing I heard was Jasper saying he would always be here for me then I was out like a light.

___________________________________

Please like, favorite, and comment.

T

H

A

N

K

S

F

O

R

Y

O

U

R

S

U

P

P

O

R

T