chapter 10

"Blossom, you are late." Mr. Benson told Blossom.

"Sorry, sir." Blossom apologized to her gumball machine humanoid teacher.

"If you're late again to class, YOU'RE EXPELLED!"

"Yes, sir."

"Now, hurry up and take your seat."

Blossom went to her table without another word. She instinctively took a seat next to Mike and smiled at her.

"Hey, where have you been?" Mike asked, casually.

"I was visiting Dee Dee," Blossom replied. "I even saw an old familiar face you might know."

"Really, who?"

"A girl named Juniper."

"J-J-Juniper Lee!?"

"Uh, yeah?" Blossom couldn't understand why Mike was so startled.

"I thought she was dead too," Mike glanced at her table top. "After Dee Dee died, things got hasty between the rest of us. Mee Mee and Lee Lee wouldn't even be our friends and we of course couldn't find a way to replace old Deanna Debra."

"Dee Dee's real name is Deanna Debra?" Blossom was shocked herself.

"Yeah, I was the first one to call her Dee Dee," Mike replied. "How did you find Juniper?"

"We were at Dee Dee's grave and she said that she dropped out of school to live with her grandmother because of her abilities."

"Be careful, Blossom, it's dangerous to know too much about someone you just met."

"I know, Mike, I know."

Bell came to class then, handing Mr. Benson a note with Dexter at her side.

Mr. Benson took the paper and read it silently. He then smirked, putting it down. "Very well, Bell, welcome to our school. No screw ups from you now, hear?"

"Yes, sir." Bell bowed respectively. She then found an empty table with Dexter sitting dangerously close to Susan and Mary Test.

"Who's that?" Susan sneered.

"Uh, I dunno, new student?" Mary shrugged.

"No one ever told me about a new student!" Susan scoffed, folding her arms.

"Can't you at least try to be nice to her?"

"I suppose, but if she lies on hand on Dexter, I'll scientifically mutate it off!"

Mary rolled her grass-green eyes.

"You want some of this, Sis?" Susan threatened with her fist.

"Give me a break." Mary mumbled.

After class.

"So, where is Juniper?" Mike asked, walking with Blossom to the school library for study hall.

"I dunno, she came in with me and I left her at the principal's office to get checked in when I had to get to class." Blossom shrugged. "So, I guess you, Dee Dee, and June go back?"

"Yeah, way back... I remember the first time she came to Megaville."

Flashback

Mike was four years old and Dee Dee was five years old. They had already known each other and had a sisterly bond long before Dexter was born and Mike's parents were murdered. Mike wears a red short-sleeved top with a red skirt with red boots and white lace with a red fedora with her hair down with no pigtails and of course, no earrings in yet. Dee Dee wore a pink sweater with blue pants with pink and white sneakers with her hair still in pigtails. They were playing catch together in Mike's old backyard. They laughed and played, then they heard a horn beep.