chapter 16

As Bunny received training from Hell provided by her new master, Dr. X, Blossom was about well enough to go home. Nurse Joy wheeled her out to her family to go home, catch some more rest and then go back to school after that painful encounter with the Trinity. Blossom was mostly paranoid because she had been absent from school for a long while, she had perfect attendance since Kindergarten in Ms. Keane's class. Blossom had various junior high school problems flood her brain as her brain and heart were arguing, though, being a superhero, Blossom had a lot more to worry about than missing school and petty school crushes. At least she wasn't like Princess Morbucks and only worried about how much credit cards she had and making almost every other girl in school look bad.

The emergency doors flung open as Nurse Joy wheeled Blossom out to her family. Mike was even there, but no Juniper. The Professor smiled, feeling delighted to see his little Blossom back in his custody again for Blossom spent what felt like eternal nights in the hospital just to recover. Buttercup seemed happy to see Blossom again, but had a sour smile that wasn't too nasty and mean-spirited, and Bubbles looked endlessly worried.

"She should be able to walk up again by tomorrow, if not, the next day." Nurse Joy told the professor.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy." the Professor smiled and went to wheel Blossom out to the car and get home at last. "Oh, Blossom, I hope you dont' mind, but your friend Mike will be staying for dinner."

"I don't mind at all, Professor." Blossom smiled up at Mike, her secret prince.

Mike smiled back and was willing to help Blossom in anyway she could.

The Utonium family went to the car. The Professor drove while Mike sat with Blossom's sisters in the back and Blossom herself sat next to the Professor and stretched a little as her bones were still bruised, but weren't as bad as they were than when the Trinity took care of her. The Professor decided to make Blossom her favorite dinner as a treat for coming back home and being brave during her meeting with Biohazard, Blade, and Blood. What they all didn't know was that Dr. X had an even greater threat to unleash very soon.

"Welcome home, Blossom." the Professor smiled, letting her out.

Mike held Blossom in her arms as the Professor took out the wheelchair to help Blossom inside the house.

"Are you okay, Blossom?" Bubbles asked.

"Bubbles, I'm fine," Blossom assured her blonde sister. "I don't know who those girls thought they were, but when Mike came in, it was a dumb decision to pick fights with me."

"I take it you're quite the fighter, Mike," the Professor observed. "Don't think though because you're a boy, you're stronger and better than my Girls."

"Uh, sir, I'm a girl." Mike slightly darted her eyes at him.

The Professor raised an eyebrow.

"Mike's a nickname," Buttercup explained. "Her real name is Michelene."

"Michelene?" the Professor wondered. "Can't say I ever heard a name like that before... Except well, the old village leader's youngest child."

"Funny story about that kid." Mike smirked a little.

Blossom smiled back at her and got settled at the dinner table. She held out her fork and knife, ready to eat. "Oh, gosh, I just remembered!" she cried, realizing something that mentally sliced her stomach in guilt. "I was supposed to tutor Vanellope von Schweetz yesterday!"

"Don't worry about her," Buttercup coaxed. "She's fine."

"Isn't she gonna be mad that I missed our appointment?" Blossom frowned.