𝐈.

𝐈.

♛ ♛ ♛

♛ ♛ ♛

There were two things that Lyonel Lannister was known for in King's Landing. One was his name. The house Lannister was the richest house in all of the seven kingdoms, and were the lords of Casterly Rock. Lyonel was the one and only son of Jamie Lannister, or the famous 'Kingslayer' who you would hear whispers about on the streets.

He had never known his mother, but his father always told him that he bore quite the resemblance. His dark eyes and his dark hair, in contrast to golden haired Lannisters, reminded his father of the women who he wed and had a son with. She was his everything, but she died in child birth, and all Jaime was left with was a baby boy.

And the other thing Lyonel was known for was his exceptional ability in swordsmanship, marksmanship, and horseback riding.

Taking after his father, he quite enjoyed the prospect of fighting. Ever since he was able to hold a dull sword as a little boy, his father had known that he was born to be a knight. It made Jamie Lannister proud that his son had at least one quality that he could see in himself.

When Lyonel was bored he would sometimes spar with his father or compete in jousting tournaments. When he was thirteen name days old, his uncle, Tyrion Lannister, gifted him his very own sword knowing that he would one day make a fine soldier. The sword was made out of Valyrian steel with a lion's head for the pommel.

"All great swords have a name, you know," his uncle had said as he touched the steel. And so he named it 'Stormbringer', and wished that one day that it would be as legendary as Blackfyre, the Valyrian steel sword of Aegon I Targaryen.

It was also on his thirteenth name day that his grandfather, Lord Tywin Lannister announced him to be the heir of Casterly Rock, that one day, when he was older and wiser, that the ancestral home to the Lannisters would be passed down to him, that he would become its Lord.

He didn't quite know how to feel about that, but he wished to make his family happy, so Lyonel promised himself that he would make the Lannister name proud.

So he did. He would help the poor people in King's Landing, giving generous donations so they wouldn't starve. He would help the servants do their jobs, even if he wasn't supposed to as a lord. He would show kindness to everyone, no matter how they treated him.

"Treat others how you would want to be treated," were the words that Tywin had told him. Although Tywin Lannister was a very scary man, he was kind and nice on the inside. He cared for Lyonel as his own son, he was after all, the heir to Casterly Rock, and he had to ensure that it would be left in good hands.