𝐈𝐕.

𝐈𝐕.

♛ ♛ ♛

♛ ♛ ♛

As soon as Lyonel heard about how his father attacked Ned Stark and his men, he rushed to apologize for his father's actions. That's where he found himself, first thing in the morning, in front of Ned Stark's bed, as the Lord sat back in his bed with a bandaged leg.

"Lord Stark, please let me apologize for my father's actions towards you and your men. I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience that he has caused."

Ned Stark sighed, "For the last time Lyonel, this doesn't have anything to do with you. You don't need to beg for forgiveness. If your father wishes to apologize, he would have done it himself. As for you, you have done nothing to wrong me."

Lyonel nodded. "I know, I just hope this doesn't cause a strife between our houses, is all."

In reality, it only added to the hatred that the two houses had of each other. 

Ever since the Starks had gotten the letter from Lysa that informed them that the Lannisters were behind the murder of the previous hand of the king, Ned and Catelyn were both suspicious of the other house. The Lannisters were a very powerful family. They could do whatever they wanted, which caused suspicions to grow.

It was no doubt that Cersei Lannister herself didn't want Starks in King's Landing. Wolves didn't belong in a lion's den. Thus, she was thriving off of this.

But, although Ned was suspicious of the Lannisters, he believed that the lion in front of his bed wasn't anything like his relatives. Here he was, without being told to, apologizing for his father's actions, hoping that they could all live together without tension. Ned Stark felt that somehow, he could trust the young Lannister, even if his house was full of murderers. He was too innocent to play a part in the game of thrones.

"Lyonel, promise me something. Whatever happens in the future, whatever it has to bring, that you'll follow your heart. Follow the inner voice inside, not your duty to your house."