You Did Nothing Wrong

Danny ran a hand over his face as he walked into his home. He dropped his keys in the dish and hung up his coat. He did his nightly lockdown routine and trudged upstairs. He checked in on Jack and Sean, both of them sleeping soundly. He walked to his room and watched Linda get ready for bed.
Linda pealed her robe off, revealing her favorite pajamas- Danny's old T-shirt and her underwear. She pulled the covers back, and automatically laid on her stomach on Danny's side of the bed.
Danny smiled at her wardrobe choice and sleeping position. He kneeled down in front of his wife and caressed her arm.
Linda smiled and rubbed her eye, "Hey, babe. There's a plate in the microwave for you."
"Thanks, but I'm not really hungry."
Silence hung in the air before Linda spoke, "I believe you. About the case? I believe you. As brutal as you are, you'd never throw someone out a window."
"Well," he sighed, "at least someone believes me."
"The family will believe you."
"We'll see come Sunday."
"They will. Why don't you take a quick shower? Then come to bed."
Danny nodded, "five minutes."
Linda nodded.  "I'll be waiting."
He stood up to put his gun and badge in the dresser drawer. He stopped when Linda grabbed his wrist.
"I love you. Always."
Danny smiled softly, "I love you, too."
"You did nothing wrong."
"Yeah..." he whispered and headed to the shower.
Linda looked at the clock, five minutes had passed twenty minutes ago. She slipped out of bed and into the bathroom. Through the shower door, she saw Danny facing away from her, his toned body slumped. She sighed as she chewed her lip. Quickly, she stripped down and slid into the shower behind him. She hugged him from behind, her hands grabbed his shoulder. She kissed his shoulder twice, then rested her cheek against it. "Whatever happens, babe, I will still love you. I'll never stop."
Danny grasped her hand and kissed each of her knuckles. To Linda, it sounded like he choked down a sob. She wasn't about to ask.
She moved her hand, only for Danny to grab it.
"Don't leave."
"Never.... can I at least turn the hot water on?" She watched him nod and turned the knob to the heat setting. "Have you just been standing here?"
"Yeah."
"You need to get cleaned up.... can I help?"
"Yeah."
"I'm gonna grab the soap, okay?"
*********
"Thanks, Linda baby." Danny wrapped a towel around her and kissed the crook of her neck. "I'd be lost without you."
"Oh, Danny, you wouldn't be lost."
"Yes, I would. I don't know why or how you put up with me all these years. I probably would've copped out a long time ago."
"For better or worse, Danny. I have a worse every month," Linda felt Danny smirk against her neck. "And you're always there for me. Sending me chocolates, getting the heat pad, giving me that mocha frappe.... you've always thrusted your better on my worse. Now it's my turn to return the favor.... I think I did fairly well."
Danny bit her neck, "fairly well? No, you were pretty d@mn good."
Linda giggled, "Come on. Let's get to bed."
"I love you, Linda."
She turned in his arms, "I love you more."
"I love you most...." he sighed, "how did I get so lucky?"
"You were cute."
He chuckled, "was cute?"
"Well... you've graduated from cute to.... devilishly sexy."
"Devilishly?"
"Yes, completely devilishly." Linda laughed.
"You know what's cute?"
"What?"
"The fact that your favorite pajamas is my T-shirt's and your underwear."
She grabbed his shirt from the floor, "it's comfy." She stepped into her underwear and pulled Danny into the bedroom. She gave him his underwear and sweatpants.
"You're the greatest." Danny pecked Linda's lips.
"And you're the bestest."
Danny smiled and led his wife to bed. "Thank you."
"You're welcome. You know I'd do anything for you."
"Even another round?"
She laughed softly, "even another round. Or three."
"Three?" Danny smiled widely and kissed his wonderful wife.
"There's something oddly sexy about you being vulnerable." She tilted her head back.
Danny chuckled as he bit his wife's neck again.