CHAPTER 1

Cling Cling Cling

That's the stupid sound from my alarm forcing me to wake up before I get late for work.

Yes,I am twenty one and I am working specifically as the secretary of Mr. Anger (that's how everyone secretly calls him) who is known as Mr. Asher Parker. BTW,my name is Jade Woods.

So I quickly get out of bed to get my shower cause I don't want to be late. Like who wants to be late when you know you are working with one of the richest,arrogant and mostly angry man.

Before I forget,I still stay with my parents because they are afraid of letting their "baby" go. To get back to where I was,I am done bathing and changed to one of the most decent office dress I managed to have to go.

Right now,it's 6:40am and I'm supposed to be at work at 7:00am so just imagine how I am crazily running to get a cab to go to work which is fortunately 15 mins away from my house.

I start arranging all the documents I am suppose to present to him this morning in the cab. I successfully reached the office just at 6:59am but you wouldn't miss to see me running trying to get at his door at 7:00am so that it will seem like I was early.

To my misfortune,I get in front of his door one minute late but still have the courage to knock and open the door hoping he won't notice my one min lateness.

So he was there sitting at his table and typing fastly. He doesn't notice me so I cough to get his attention.

~~~~
ASHER'S POV
I was busily typing when I heard a cough . I raised my head to see my secretary standing there holding some documents with a shy and prayerful look.

I know what she is praying for,to hope I don't notice her one min lateness. But I do cause I have all the cameras connected to my computer and I saw how she was running.

She keeps standing there looking at me and to break the silence I say,"What do you want?" in an authority tone which makes her shiver.

She walks toward the table and places some documents on the table with a sly smile. She says,"I just came to give you the documents you asked me to prepare yesterday".

She quickly turns to walk out hoping I don't comment on her lateness. When she was nearly out of the door I say,"No running in the halls Miss. Woods." with an amused look and she nods and quickly closes the door. I would have shouted at her but I was in a good mood today.

~~~~
JADE'S POV
After I cough,he raises his head and looks at me. I can't help but keep my shy and prayerful look.

I see him staring at me with a thoughtful look. I wonder what he was thinking causing an awkward silence between us.

Suddenly he barks out,"What do you want?" in an authoritative tone which makes me shiver. I somehow manage to walk to his table placing the document on it with a sly smile saying ," I just came to give you the document you asked to prepare yesterday" .

I didn't want him to talk further about me reporting late to work so I quickly turned to walk out and to my surprise I heard him say,"No running in the halls Miss Woods". I was so shocked all I could do was nod and escape from the room.

I came out baffled cause
A. I thought if he noticed he would have shouted at me and
B. I didn't think he would find out that I was running.

I was shocked because for the first month of my working experience he always shouted when I did something wrong.

After standing in front of his door for like one min to process what justed happened I walked to my office with questions on my mind

Thanks for reading the first chapter hope u will like it will be updating on Thursday .

SNAPCHAT; Nellybab12

INSTAGRAM: nell_llee

-Love N12N