CHAPTER 12

Ayeeeee!! I get so excited when one of you loves add this book to your reading list. As promised shout-out to   .Go check out their page and works if they have any.

~~~~
I get downstairs to see a lot of delicious food from croissant to bread to pancakes to so much more. This looks like one of those fancy hotel breakfast buffet.

Seeing this sight my stomach starts grumbling. I look out for my dad and mum and see them coming out from the kitchen with Asher's father laughing at something.

I make my way to the table and Emy asks, "What should I serve you?".

"No need I can do it myself" I reply and she looks suprised by what I just said but quickly nods and moves back to observe.

I stand, grab the last remaining croissant and at the same time find another pair of hands on it.

Without even lifting my eyes I already know who those evil hands belong to.  Still not backing out, I raise my head to see a smirk on their face. Hold up, this ain't Asher.

"I took it first." I say still looking a little confused

"I had eyes on it first" the smirking guy replies.

"So? Ladies first"still trying to snatch from his hand. This makes him laugh and then he stares in my eyes like he is challenging me in a staring competition and the loser gives up on the croissant.

Alright this too much of job for me and by the way, it's only croissant.

SIKEEE

I stare right back into his eyes like who in their right minds will abandon food? Well not me.

For a hot seconds I scan his face and damnn he is Hot. But who the fuck is he? Another son? He sees me checking him out and smirks again. How I want to slap if from his face.

This goes on for a few seconds until someone's clears their throat causing us to look up to their face.

"Laurent, be a gentleman and give the lady the croissant" says René ( Asher's father) with an amused look on his face.

"Laurent Huh ... I see" I mumble to myself.

"You know he will never give up on food " says a voice too familiar. They start laughing at each other and Laurent raises his hand in surrender. I don't hesitate to take a bite from it before it's too late.

"Well well I can see i have found my other half" Laurent says while stretching his hands trying to formally introduce himself . I look at it suspiciously but give up and shake him while chewing my food. I think this is the beginning of a great friendship.

He stretches his hand toward my mouth and wipes off a tiny bit of croissant there and smiles. Am taken aback my his actions and smile embarrassingly... Looks like Asher didn't approve of his actions as he suddenly drags him out of the room holding firmly his hand.

When Laurent was wiping it off, it was like everyone around paused to watch and as soon as they walked out they went on with what they were doing... Super awkward. I take my seat as my dad tries to add me in the conversation and continue eating.

--------
ASHER'S POV

"Woah there, why did you drag me like that?"

"Did I?" I say wondering why I felt the need to do that. I quickly came up with a reply saying "I wanted to show this contract I got. Those stupid Chinese men won't sign the contract just because they claim single and non married men aren't trustworthy like what??? " That actually happened.

Laurent laughs hitting my shoulder and says jokingly, "Dude just get married to me ".  "I would be glad - I say smiling- but on a serious note, you deadass know I don't wanna marry anyone. Being single is the key to peace".

"You wish, why not pretend to be married "

"That doesn't make sense"

"It does actually just open your mind and listen to me. You pay a girl and pretend to marry her after signing the contract 'boom' divorce"

Thinking about it, my man ain't stupid. " Well let the audition begin then" I say smiling .

-----
Ding ding
4 missed call
I am wondering who that could be. Call back *click*
"Hello?" A male voice answers.

"Hi, who is this please?"

"Guess"

"Asher?"

"Wrong it's your saviour, Dave"

That's strange but ah well..."Dave! How are you?" "Good and you?" " Not bad myself. Anything I can do for you?" Don't judge me, I get pretty awkward on phone.

"Are you free tonight?" "Yes - I mean yeah" bruhh I sound so desperate to get out. Can you actually blame me?

"Meet me at Marie K.'s at 8 pm". He says and hang up. Hold up, is this a date? Marie K.'s is a fancy five star restaurant where all the celebrities eat and Hella expensive.

Let's get ready for tonight
-----

Update soon .

Want a shout-out? Add this story to your reading list.

Remember to vote and comment what ever you like, will gladly reply.
If you have suggestions, text me

Instagram- nell_llee
Snapchat- nellybab12

-love N12N