Nice Tie (SFW)

Will arrived early for his appointment with Dr. Lecter. He sat in the waiting room, daydreaming. Except they were more dreams than nightmares. The stress of his work was getting to him, and the constant nightmares prevented him from getting adequate sleep.

The door opened, startling Will out of his thoughts.

"Do come in," Hannibal said with an almost non-existent smile.

Will stumbled in, plopping down into his chair.

"Are you alright, Will? You're awfully pale." The psychiatrist placed a hand over Will's forehead. "That's quite the fever you have, as well."

"I haven't been sleeping," Will admitted hoarsely. "The nightmare keeps getting worse."

Hannibal nodded thoughtfully. "Have you tried sleep aid medication? Some Melatonin could help you."

Will finally looked up at the doctor, eyes stopping on Hannibal's tie. It was one he'd never worn before. It was stripped, pink, yellow, and blue. Not the type of thing Hannibal typically wore. It had to have some meaning. Will knew he'd seen the pattern before, but couldn't think of what it was, or where he knew it from.

"Are you listening?" The doctor questioned, sounding a bit frustrated.

"Oh sorry. I am." Will muttered.

Hannibal sighed. "You worry me...Try Melatonin. Do you let your dogs on the bed? Sleeping with a dog has been proven to aid in the quality of sleep."

"I'll keep that in mind." It suddenly clicked in Will's mind where he knew the pattern from. It's a pride flag...the pansexual flag. Is Hannibal pansexual?

"Lost in thought again, Will?"
Will chuckled. "Yeah, nice tie, by the way." As he said, he realized the implications of the compliment and blushed.

"Thank you." Hannibal smiled, one more genuine than his typical half-smile. "You are the first to realize what it is."

"I knew it from somewhere. Didn't realize what it was until just now. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I never would have guessed."

"There are many things you don't know about me, Will," Hannibal responded with a mischievous look. "Now, let's bring the subject back to your health."

---

"Looks like our time is up. I have a patient coming in soon." Hannibal announced, getting up from his chair.

"I'll be seeing you, Dr. Lecter."

"Anytime, Will. I'm always open to a visit from you." He placed a hand on Will's shoulder, letting it linger there for longer than Will thought would be considered "professional concern".
Will felt his face heat up, scolding himself internally for overreacting.

I just need to clear my head. I'll do what Lecter suggested. Hopefully, it'll work...