Sweet Dreams (Slight NSFW)

Hey, before you start...things are slowly going to get more NSFW from now on...Be prepared and enjoy the ride. ;) - Gabriel

   Hannibal hovered over Will Graham's sleeping form, watching with a predator's eyes as the man's chest rose and fell. He bit his lower lip, hand drifting to Will's chest. He placed it there lightly, feeling the other man's heartbeat.

It would be easy...just to snap his neck. Or to take a knife from the kitchen and slit his pretty throat. Cook the best meal he could. Will deserved that. To be his finest dish yet.

But something held Hannibal back. Some other desire that made the cannibal feel unsure of his motivations. He hated being unsure.

     Will shifted, rolling to his side, facing away from the doctor. Hannibal ran a hand through the other man's hair. Then, he turned away and left the room.

---

     Will awoke, as sweaty and disheveled as ever. The blankets had gotten wrapped around his legs and stomach, making getting up difficult.

     His dreams had been different. Not nightmares. He wasn't sure what to think of them, and they were already slipping away. What he did remember was a confusing blur of emotions. Pleasant emotions, but they brought denial and confusion.

     In his dream, he had been...romantically involved with Hannibal. He figured it only came about since he fell asleep thinking of the doctor. Still, the dreams disturbed him. He had never thought of the doctor that way before, not until yesterday.

     There was a knock on the bedroom door.

     "Come in," Will grumbled, trying to untangle himself.

     Hannibal entered, already fully dressed, with a tray of food in hand. "Breakfast. Do you often eat breakfast, Will?"

     "No. Typically I have no appetite in the morning. The nightmares, y'know."

     "Breakfast is very important, Will. Don't make me cook it for you every day." The doctor said with a smile, setting the tray on the nightstand.

     "I'd have to move in with you," Will said jokingly.

     "I wouldn't mind," Hannibal said, his tone surprisingly sincere.

     "Even with all the dogs?"

     Hannibal chuckled. "Hadn't thought of that."

     "Your food would be full of fur, I learned that the hard way."

     Hannibal chuckled again, making Will smile. "Do you need help getting out of the sheets, Will? You've been struggling to get out since I came in."

     "Yeah. I don't know how I got so tangled up."

     "Must've been quite the dream, to have you rolling around so much," Hannibal said, untangling the sheets from Will's leg.

     Will blushed. "Haha...yeah."

     "There you go. I'll be in the kitchen." The psychiatrist said, getting to his feet. "Shout if you need anything."

     Did he just wink at me? Or was that my imagination? Will wondered, staring at the door as if it would tell him the answer.

      Will shook his head. No point in thinking about it. Whether or not it happened, he had food to eat. Shoving all his thoughts aside, he started wolfing down the omelet provided for him, thinking about nothing except for the food. Cheese and...sausage? Delicious.

---

     Will pulled on his coat.

     "Feeling better now, Will?" Hannibal questioned, leaning against the wall, watching Will get ready to leave. The corners of his mouth upturned in an almost unnoticeable smile.

     "Much better, thank you."

     "A good night's sleep and a quality breakfast does wonders for your body and mind. Take care of yourself."

     Will nodded. "I'll try my best." Before Will even thought about it, he was hugging the doctor.

     Hannibal stiffened at first, surprised, then his arms found their way around Will's waist. Will rested his head on Hannibal's shoulder, feeling calm and protected in the psychiatrist's embrace.

     Quickly Will's thoughts started to swirl. What am I doing? What was I thinking? What is he thinking right now? Am I stepping out of bounds?

     Hannibal moved away from Will. He brushed a strand of hair out of Will's face and used a single finger to tilt Will's head up.

     "What do you want?" Hannibal asked quietly, so close that Will could feel his warm breath on his skin.

      "Huh? What do you mea-"

      "What do you want us to be, William?" The doctor asked calmly, looking Will in the eye.

     "I, well...uh- I mean if you want to... I-I like you, Dr. Lecter." Will stuttered out, hating how naive and childish he sounded.

     Hannibal used the hand that wasn't holding Will's head to grab the other man's shirt and pull him against himself. He cupped Will's face in his hands, then kissed him.

     Will melted instantly, pressing against Hannibal.

     The doctor put his hands into Will's back pockets, shoving his tongue into the other man's mouth.

     Will moaned gently, hands in Hannibal's hair.

      When they finally separated, Will's face was red as a rose. Hannibal still held his poker face, with a tiny smirk showing through.

     "I-I'll see you later," Will said, rushing out, hoping the doctor didn't notice his hard-on.

---

     When Will got home that night, he found himself again consumed by his thoughts, most of which revolved around Hannibal Lecter. He had no idea what to do with these new-found feelings. He knew that Hannibal felt the same, considering the events of that morning...but there was something off is his mind.

     He remembered part of his dream, where the doctor had been standing over him in bed, hand on Will's chest. It had felt real, but Will knew it had to be part of his overactive imagination. 

     It would be another night of confusing dreams for Will, but at least they weren't nightmares...