Blood (Mild Gore)

There's going to be some...light gore up ahead. Brace yourself. - Gabriel

     He knew he was dreaming. There was no way any of what was happening could be real.

     "Oh, Will...look at you." Hannibal mused, tossing a scalpel from hand to hand. "You look great like this...so vulnerable and fearful."

     Will struggled against his bonds, to no avail. He was tied to a chair, in some kind of basement. The psychiatrist put the blade to Will's throat, blood trickling down. Hannibal walked behind Will, then put his hands around the other man's throat, squeezing slightly.

     "Puh-please just let me go. I won't tell anyone. Hannibal. I-I love you! Please don't do this!" Will cried.

"I have to. You have compromised my thoughts. Made me reckless. I can't afford distractions." He stabbed the scalpel into Will's abdomen, at the same time kissing him. Blood came up Will's throat, Hannibal twisted the scalpel, dragging it up.

     "I love you, Will." Hannibal bit into Will's cheek, tearing out a chunk.

     Will screamed, jolting up in bed. His hands darted to where he'd been stabbed, and to his cheek. When he looked at his hands, there was no blood.

     "Will?" Hannibal grumbled. "Nightmare?"

     "Yeah...sorry."

     "Don't apologize. Need anything?" The psychiatrist propped himself up on his elbows, looking at Will with concern, none of the evil that had been in Will's dream manifested there.

      "No. I'm alright. Just spooked." Will sighed, turning away from the doctor, who wrapped himself around the smaller man.

     "Do you want to talk about it?" Hannibal asked, nuzzling into Will's neck.

     "No. It was nothing, really. Not...not as bad as the old nightmares. We should get back to sleep. We both have work to do tomorrow."

     "Mhm...goodnight, my dear."    Hannibal kissed Will's neck once, before starting to drift off.

     Will laid awake for a while longer, taking the psychiatrist's hand in his, putting it over his chest. His mind kept replaying the dream, in detail.

---

     Will woke up with a start, this time to an alarm. Hannibal had already gotten up and was fixing his tie in the mirror.

      "Sleep well, besides the nightmare?" He asked without looking at Will.

      "Fine. You?"

     "Good enough. I'll start breakfast. Oh, you need clothes." Hannibal moved away from the mirror, sorting through his closet. He pulled out a pair of navy blue dress pants and a simple white button-up. He set them down on the bed, along with a pair of socks.

      "Thanks."

      "You're welcome. Now get dressed, before I have to do it for you."

     "I would greatly prefer you to undress me...but it's a bit early for that. Plus, responsibilities." Will rolled his eyes at the last part.

     Will dressed quickly, then met Hannibal in the kitchen.

     Hannibal chuckled when he saw him. "Oh, Will...look at you. You look great, but you messed up the buttons."

Will stood still, Hannibal's words ringing in his head. It was the same thing he'd said in Will's dream, but the tone was the opposite. What a coincidence. I hate it. The psychiatrist stepped away from the stove to unbutton Will's shirt. Before redoing the buttons, he planted a few kisses on Will's chest. Then he ran his fingers through Will's hair, trying to tame it a little. It didn't work much.

     "Much better. The outfit really shows your body off." He smiled, pleased.

     "Who would I show off for anyways, other than you?"

     "Everyone and anyone. Mostly yourself. If you know you look good, you will feel better."

     "Isn't it still too early in the morning for your therapist bullshit?"

      "I can't help it, dear, it's what I do." The doctor said, filling two plates with food. He set them on the table, along with glasses of milk. Hannibal poured himself a glass of wine, and retrieved a beer from the fridge for Will.

    "Alcohol so early in the morning, Doctor?"

     "Special occasion."
     "And what's that?"

     "Eat your breakfast. I'll tell you when the time is right." Hannibal smiled.

     "Alright, Dr. Mysterious."

     They both laughed.

---

     Will finished washing the dishes, as Hannibal did some unknown things in his bedroom. He still refused to tell Will what was going on.

     "Off to work now, Will."

     "Yeah, yeah." Will huffed, leaving the doctor's house. Hannibal followed after locking the door.

     Before they got into their respective cars, Will leaned on the driver's door of Hannibal's.

     "Any chance I can get a hint?"

     "No." The doctor said, shutting Will up with a kiss.

     Will pouted, still blocking Hannibal.

The psychiatrist pressed against him, pinning Will's arms above his head with one hand. The other he put up to Will's lips.

     "It's classified."

     Will grinned, licking the doctor's finger.

      "Work, William, is very important." He said, pulling away with the slightest smile.

     Will let Hannibal into his car. "I'll see you after work. Maybe during." Will said, leaning in to kiss the psychiatrist's cheek before getting into his own vehicle.

---

     Work had seemed endless that day, and it was miraculous when Will was finally freed. He drove his car home, took care of the dogs, and then waited for Hannibal.

     The psychiatrist arrived within the next hour, parked, and walked over. They both chatted for a minute before walking together back to Hannibal's car.

     "Do I get to know what you've been planning now?" Will asked, holding the doctor's hand.

     "Soon." Hannibal chuckled. "I need that hand to drive, Will. A car crash would ruin my surprise."

     Will reluctantly released his hand, placing it on the psychiatrist's thigh instead.

     What in the world is he planning? Some kind of romantic dinner thing? Something new for in the bedroom? Or...something else? Will pondered. Guess I'll find out soon enough.