Chapter 33

I nod, then his smile begins to fade as he looks down.

“I’m sorry for earlier. I tried not to break down like that, though, it was too much for me. I didn’t think... I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” he apologizes.

I turn him around as I whisper, “Stay like that for a moment.”

I strip down, then slip on the sweatshirt and skirt. Ugh, I hate not wearing panties or a shirt underneath this! Oh well. Just until we get home, I guess I can wait. I tap on his shoulder as I look down while he turns around.

“I know the skirt is short, though, this should due until we get to my place. Thank you,” I say softly.

Sylas touches the side of my face as I then look up to meet his gaze.

“Perfect,” he whispers.

I avert my eyes away as I blush furiously. I hug him swiftly by wrapping my arms around the back of his neck as I did before. Sylas wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I can feel the skirt just barely covering my arse. I’ve got to be careful.

“Don’t apologize, Sylas. It isn’t your fault. It’s mine. I’m sorry I said anything in the first place. I should’ve thought things through. Though, I wasn’t considering your feelings in the moment. Just to be clear, that won’t ever happen. I’m not leaving you. Even if you ever want me gone, I refuse to leave you,” I whisper softly.

Sylas buries his face between my neck and shoulder. I run my fingers through his hair as he begins to relax.

“I hope you can accept this for now. I really like you and I want to be with you as much as possible. That’s as much as I can say for now, I’m sorry,” I whisper in his ear.

Sylas kisses my cheek, then whispers, “I’ll take what I can get. And don’t apologize. None of it is your fault. I understand. Though, seems you may be moving faster than you thought. Now, let’s go back to your place and eat dinner. I’ll tell the other two to hang out somewhere else for a while. I want you all to myself again, as selfish as that may sound.”

I gently let go of him and kiss his lips softly. I pull away for a moment, then kiss his lips again. I shower him with light kisses, then I kiss his forehead.

“I don’t find it selfish at all. In fact, it’s kinda cute,” I speak softly.

He chuckles as he begins to smile once again.

“I won’t hurt you like that again and just remember, I didn’t do it on purpose. Though, I’ll keep in mind to watch what I say and how I phrase certain things. Just don’t always get the wrong idea, alright,” I state as I then ask him for reassurance.

Sylas nods in agreement. I let go of him as I look down, then I feel him pulling on my skirt. I look up at him swiftly, then down at the skirt.

“It’s too short. I thought I’d adjust it before we leave the room,” he states.

I nod as I can feel my face warm up. Damn it, I can’t help but blush. He’s so kind and considerate.

Right before I grab the door handle, I say, “You may want to bring some extra clothes if you wanna stay the night. Unlike you, I don’t really have anything. Maybe a sweatshirt, but nothing else.”

Sylas nods as he then approaches his closet.

“Okay, I’ll grab a few things. Just, wait out there, I’ll be out soon,” he says softly.

I open the door only to then close it behind me as I now stand in the living room. I walk over to the couch to take a seat. Shortly after, Mikey and Kiki walk out of the bathroom. I stare at them as they walk out.

“You know about Sylas and I. So, what about you two? Have you at least kissed yet,” I question.

Both their faces turn a bright red. I giggle softly as I shake my head.

“I thought so....”

“Um, just a couple times,” Mikey speaks up.

I look at them, completely dumbfounded by his words.

“Woah. I thought it would take longer. Well, damn. Hmm, guess I have a new bet to make,” I say playfully.

Sylas walks out of his room with a bag over his shoulder.

“What about a new bet,” he questions.

I giggle as I glance over at Sylas.

“Oh, well, remember the one we made yesterday about the two of them kissing,” I ask.

Sylas nods as he just grins.

“Yeah, what about it? Did I win,” he questions playfully.

I shrug as I look away.

“Well, maybe. We’ll discuss that later. As well as the new bet. But, right before you walked out, Mikey admitted that they’ve actually kissed a few times. Look at them, they’re so cute,” I say teasingly.

Sylas walks over to me and wraps his arm around my waist to pull me closer to his side.

“I don’t know, I think you and I make a pretty cute couple,” Sylas says playfully.

I cover my face as I then whisper, “Don’t you dare tell them.”

Sylas smirks as he looks over at Mikey and Kiki.

“As cute as your relationship is, there’s something you two should know. Circus, why don’t you tell them,” Sylas teases.

He pokes my side, then I smack his hand a couple times. Kiki glances over at me as she then approaches me.

“I’ll let you know now, Mikey and I made a bet on you guys, in which, it depends on our relationship. So, are you guys dating yet,” she says softly.

I freeze up at her question. Sylas ruffles my hair as he then lets go of me.

“She’ll have to answer that for you. I have reasons why I can’t say anything,” Sylas states as he walks out of the apartment.

Kiki hugs me from the side as she rests her head against mine.

“Come on, Circus. At least tell me, please,” Kiki begs me to open up.